29. Puppeteer

The day. And the recurring dreams about that particular day. 

"Will you marry me A'ying?"

"Yes, I will" 

Wei ying's face was flustered with a pink shade as he answered in a naive tone, giggling. Wen Xu till date remembered every single detail of that day, that he was able to go on just because of the memory. 

Wen Xu laid on the bed, deranged. His room was also in a similar state as him, everything either broken or lying on the floor. 

'Why would A'ying lie?' 

'Why doesn't his own father understand him?' 

Just a while ago, his father charged inside his room angrily, ready to beat him black and blue. 

Actually, he was expecting the renowned Hanguang jun to teleport to his room for what he did earlier today, however the jade teleported to their sect entrance and entered like any other person would. 

If A'ying's name-sake husband had teleported into his sleeping chamber directly, it wouldn't have caused too much hassle. But now, his father knows that he used the puppet spell on A'ying and would never leave him out of his sight. 

He knew that he put his father in a tough spot, but he couldn't care any less. If his father wants to control the cultivation world through puppets, that is his own problem. Whether Lan Wangji and his brother found anything doubtful during their sudden visit to their sect, has nothing to do with him. 

He also didn't wish to know what his father answered the jades about what spell he used on A'ying. 

In this world, only his A'ying is important to him. Rest all can go to hell. 

Thankfully, he learnt the puppet spell without his father's knowledge from the special scrolls of their sect. With this, he could keep his A'ying with him for all the years to come, and he need not worry whether A'ying would change his mind one day. 

He is aware that making one a puppet would make them lose their emotions and the person would turn similar to a living dead, it hurts him a bit, however he is very sure that he would continue to love his A'ying no matter how his A'ying is. 

'Isn't this called unconditional love?' Wen Xu felt content. 

His Father Wen Ruohan told him that he is not gonna teach him any other spells including the reversing puppet spell or any other spell related to this puppetry, until he becomes the chief cultivator. 

'No problem Father, I won't be needing the reversing spell' Wen Xu thought to himself when Wen Ruohan tried to threaten him. Only his father and himself knows this spell right now, and he knows that his father will not reverse the spell on A'ying as it would be a confirmation to outsiders that they are using banned spells. 

It was his father's greediness that became a cause for all of his hurdles in his love life. 

His father wanted him to lure the Jiang young lady Yanli into a marriage agreement to get their support in becoming the cultivation leader, but fate had other plans for him. 

Wen Xu fell in love with Wei ying at first sight, falling short of his father's expectations. Wei ying is, after all, not a Jiang by birth. So, his father didn't agree and showed his disapproval by not taking any efforts to talk to the Jiang couple about his son's love. 

What if his father is against him? Wen Xu himself went to Madam Yu asking her permission to marry their adopted son. 

Madam Yu unexpectedly roared saying that a Wen dog must know its place and shooed him away, making him embarrassed. 

Within a few days, Wei ying and his siblings were sent to Yunshen for studies and it was all over. 

Wen Xu from then didn't have any special power or knowledge of spells, so he spread rumors about Wei ying's character to make others hate him and stop the arranged wedding. Of course Wei ying had agreed to marry him even though they had met just a few times before that, however they didn't have a chance to be intimate. So he made up stories and blew it straight to the goatee oldman's ears. 

As long as he and his A'ying knows the truth, that should be fine, right? 

But once again, luck was not in his side and the Old man of Cloud recesses was greedier than his father that he not only stopped the marriage but also used this as a chance to strengthen their sect in the cultivation world. 

After a year when Wen Xu was at last coming to terms with reality, a sudden news about the cultivation leader's wife vanishing from Yunshen gave him hope. He realized that his A'ying must be looking for him now. 

He went in search of his A'ying everywhere only to be stopped by A'ying's annoying brother Jiang Wanyin and Madam Yu, everytime. 

The Jiangs reported him to his father Wen Ruohan and his father didn't hesitate to ground him for years. 

Wen Xu used this chance to learn the spells to make a comeback for his love. Very recently he mastered the teleportation spell and it came handy in meeting his A'ying and creating an uproar within yunshen, though he couldn't fulfill his desire. 

Now all he has to do is to find the right time to bring his A'ying out of cloud recesses and summon him. 

One other problem that is left unsolved is the kid. 

Lan JiXian. 

Wen Xu hasn't decided what to do with the kid. The kid is a picture copy of his A'ying but it also carried the Lan blood. He can't kill him, but he can't raise him as his own. 

He also cannot leave the kid to the care of Lans, as everything that has a part of his A'ying must belong to him. 

The kid messed up his plan of putting his A'ying to sleep and bringing him to his place through teleportation. Had he known, he would have forcefully taken his A'ying. 

There is one more person who needs a lesson. Lan Wangji, who seduced his A'ying. 

"Wait until I make my A'ying kill you."