19. Flattened

Wei ying's mood became complicated when Qiren shared the news of Jiang family's visit. He used to think that he had made a big mistake and should be guilty for that, but over a period of time, anger started to build up. 

His family just gave up on him. 

Like he was nothing. 

Was it because he was not a real member of their family? He hated himself to believe it that way. But that was the only possible explanation. Because they never visited Cloud recesses in the past one month he has been there. 

Anyways, he was not ready to see them. Wei ying was sure that the oldman must have invited the family just to annoy him.

"It is not appropriate to have JiXian attend classes in his room" 

The old fox had come with several tricks to irritate Wei ying. 

Wei ying looked at Lan zhan, and Lan zhan, as if he had gotten the signal, answered Qiren. 

"I will be teaching him. And I have made a promise." 

"I understand. Wuxian must have missed our JiXian a lot in these years." Qiren with a pity face, mocked indirectly. 

"Of course I missed my son. He is mine after all. Thanks for taking care of him Uncle." Wei ying clearly treated Qiren like a stranger, not letting him cross the line. Well, it pissed him off when he heard the fox say "our JiXian" like he is showing pity on Wei ying by letting him spend time with his own son. 

Lan zhan noticed that the two people conversed very politely, yet it didn't give him a good feeling. 

He sent his Uncle off soon to not stress out Wei ying. He noticed that Wei ying is very sensitive about anything that is related to JiXian. Unknowingly he felt happy and sad at the same time. 

JiXian felt the most happy, enjoying the possessiveness of his mother. 

It was only Madam Yu and Jiang Fengmian who had come to Gusu. In the evening, JiXian was taken by Lan zhan to greet his grandparents while Wei ying stayed in jingshi. 

After an hour's time, the door was pushed open with force, which alerted Wei ying. 

"Where is that brat?" Came the voice which once used to say only nice words to him. 

Lan zhan was two seconds late from stopping her. 

Madam Yu had already opened the door, demanding Wei ying to come out. 

Wei ying had expected this. This was one of the many scenarios he had imagined about how Madam Jiang would be coming to meet him. 

Though it was a mess inside his brain, Wei ying acted cool. 

"Lan zhan, may I ask why she is here?" Wei ying asked the question looking straight at Madam Yu. He was very much aware that he was being rude, yet his tone didn't change even the slightest, as the conversation continued.  

"We have a lot to talk about." Madam Yu had a complex expression like she was trying to contain everything that was building up inside. 

"I should remind you that I am not your son" 

"Let's talk" Madam Yu was determined. 

"What is there to talk about??" When Wei ying was about to burst with anger, Lan zhan was already by his side. 

He stood between Wei ying and Madam Yu, his eyes saying to Madam Yu that this is not the right time for talks. He was worried that being over emotional might pull Wei ying into unconsciousness once again. 

"Tomorrow, this time" Madam Yu, notified and left like it was decided. 

"Why would she want to talk to me,huh?" 

"They didn't come in search of me when I was gone!" 

"They wouldn't have come to me, if not for my stay here" 

Wei ying kept on shooting out the questions that bothered him, his breath shortening with time. Lan zhan diverted Wei ying's mind by talking about JiXian, and it took him a while to put Wei ying to sleep. Wei ying was able to sleep only after Lan zhan assured him that JiXian is with Jiang Fengmian and is safe. 

In the midst of the night, Lan zhan woke up from sleep. After his eyes saw that Wei ying was still there, the panic attack he was about to have, stopped. Lan zhan touched Wei ying's face once to assure his brain that he is real.  

He used to have panic attacks for months after Wei ying left him, but due to his sunshine JiXian, things slowly changed. 

Now that Wei ying is back, the panic attack also has returned. 

For an alpha male, being rejected by his partner, fate was not easy on Lan zhan. First of all, he was not given a proper answer by Wei ying. Wei ying agreed to marry him but never once did he say that he loved him. And their physical union happened when he was not in a right mental state. 

Though all of the things that happened in the beginning were far from what he wanted, he believed that feelings will be reciprocated over a time period. 

But there was a constant voice that kept telling him that Wei ying deserved better. He was aware that the voice carried the fact. 

In love one cannot have expectations, poor him, when it came to Wei ying, he wanted more and more. A smile of Wei ying could lit up his day, but the distance of the same Wei ying could torture him to the core. 

The day Wei ying left him, he cried like a madman, his heart stopped beating, he felt like dying then and there. 

But he had their son, who needed his love and protection. 

The voice inside his head became louder when it said, "Wei ying deserves the best" 

And he cannot cage Wei ying with a relationship, just because he wanted Wei ying. That is not fair for his man of his heart. 

The insecurities of Lan zhan grew up to hundred fold at Wei ying's disappearance. The Lan zhan until then, had no will to lead his sect. The twist in his life made him want to be a better person for Wei ying. He became a better father, the best cultivator in his sect, which led him to become the chief cultivator. 

But the insecurities remained the same whenever he thought of Wei ying. There was fear of rejection, making him a coward. 

Thankfully, with his Sunshine, he was able to meet Wei ying again. The dreams of living happily together began blooming in the corner of his heart. If not for JiXian, Lan zhan did not know when he would have taken his step towards Wei ying. 

He believed he would be able to bring happiness to Wei ying, until Wei ying's encounter with Madam Yu today. 

Wei ying was angry with his family. He was fuming with pure emotions. Lan zhan could see it all. 

But when he met Wei ying in the market, Wei ying didn't react much. He had ignored him. There were no other emotions. Is this even normal?

Wei ying hated to be in cloud recesses, avoided Lan zhan in all ways possible though they shared the same room. 

Lan zhan didn't want Wei ying to have anger towards him. It's just that, it would have been better if Wei ying had had any kind of feelings for him. 

When there are no feelings involved, is it even a relation?  

'Does he even consider me as a significant person in his life?'