26. Nightmare

Wei ying was still sleeping. Knowing that JiXian has seen the guard who came to scare Wei ying inside Jingshi, Lan zhan decided not to wait anymore. It is better than waiting for the enemy to attack them again. 

Without any further delay, he wrote a note for Wei ying that he is taking JiXian to the daily meeting, as the meeting hall is the place where you get to see almost every guard reporting the issues or findings from in and out of the Gusu borders during their shift time. 

He can take JiXian out with Wei ying when he is awake, but he cannot break the promise he made to JiXian that he will not reveal it to his mama. 

Since JiXian was very reluctant to part with his mama, Lan zhan explained to him that he is casting a triple layer shield on jingshi which no one in the world other than him could break. 

Planting a kiss on the sleeping Wei ying and casting the power shield spell, the father and son started from jingshi, after agreeing that if JiXian is to spot the guard, he would signal his father subtly. 

When they returned from the meeting without any fruitful encounter, Wei ying was half crazy, biting his nails in fear. 

It took a long while for Lan zhan and JiXian to bring Wei ying to normalcy. 

Wei ying sulked, refusing to talk to Lan zhan. 

Lan zhan knew that he had once again stirred the anxiety in Wei ying. He promised that he would never do such a thing again and cuddled the angry Wei ying to sleep. 

The following morning, when Lan zhan woke up, Wei ying was not in the bed anymore. 

He rushed to JiXian's room and found Wei ying there, caressing the sleeping JiXian. Lan zhan was initially stunned, but soon the mild shock was gone from his eyes. 

Lan zhan as usual cast a spell on Jingshi and left early to attend the daily meeting. 

Though Lan zhan had sect duties, he felt like checking up on his little family as soon as he ended it. Whatever it is, he will have a look at jingshi once and will continue his work. 

He checked for any damage in the seal, and when he found it completely intact, he felt a lot relieved. 

"Baby, wake up!!" 

"A'Xian, it's mama" 

Increased sobbing and screaming of Wei ying attacked Lan zhan's ears as soon as he opened the door. 

JiXian hasn't woken up from sleep. His entire body looked pale like had lost all the blood in his body. His breathing was very mild like it would be gone if something was not done immediately. 

Wei ying's eyes gained a little light at the sight of Lan zhan. His Lan zhan is a powerful cultivator, he would be able to help him. 

"Lan zhaaan, do something" 

"Please, please, I can't see him like this" 

Wei ying's entire body was shaking and he kept asking Lan zhan to do something to make JiXian alright. 

Lan zhan felt horrible inside, however he put on his mask and passed spiritual energy to JiXian. 

"A'Xian" 

While Lan zhan was passing energy, Wei ying kept calling JiXian from the side hoping his little one would respond. 

In a few minutes, Lan zhan's face turned ashen as there was no improvement in JiXian's complexion. 

"Lan zhan, I tried doing the same. But-but it wasn't working. Is it now?" 

Though Wei ying himself was turning pale, understanding there is no improvement, he still hoped for a positive answer from Lan zhan. 

"What do I do now??!!!" 

"A'Xian, Wake up, and Mama will never ever leave you." 

Wei ying started mumbling things anxiously and Lan zhan could not see the two like this. 

His eyes red, he told Wei ying that would get the healer, Brother and his Uncle immediately. 

On hearing the term Uncle, all hell within Wei ying broke loose. 

"What did you say??" "Lan zhan?" 

Exactly at the moment, they heard a knock on the door and it was just the same person Wei ying very much wanted to see now. 

Lan Qiren and Xichen were at the door.  

Xichen started explaining that the guard reported that something wasn't right in Jingshi and they rushed there immediately. 

On hearing the details from Lan zhan, Xichen charged out of the room right away to bring the healer. 

Wei ying's anger rose to its maximum when he saw the old fox walking towards the bed like he was truly shocked at JiXian's state. 

Qiren was just about to touch JiXian when Wei ying for the first time didn't hold in his emotions. 

"PUT. YOUR. HANDS.OFF.MY.SON" 

Wei ying shouted, stressing each and every word, making Qiren's body flinch. 

Lan zhan too got shocked, but he felt that Wei ying is being like this, because as a mother he had no control over his emotions right now. 

"Wei ying" Lan zhan went over to Wei ying's side patting him on his back, saying that Uncle is there to help them. 

"Sorry Uncl-" Qiren nodded understandingly before Lan zhan could finish. 

"Hahahahahaha" 

Wei ying started laughing between his tears like had completely gone crazy. 

Lan zhan bearhugged Wei ying, having no clue of the reason behind Wei ying's laughter. 

Suddenly, In bed, JiXian's body convulsed and body started shaking uncontrollably.

"Sunshine" 

Breaking the hug, Lan zhan held JiXian's body, ready to treat the body convulsions, however neither Wei ying nor his Uncle moved from their spots. 

Wei ying stood in front of Qiren. 

"I Will Leave.D-don't harm my son" 

Wei ying bawled, begging for his son's life. Qiren stood rooted. 

"I TOLD YOU, I SHALL LEAVE. SAVE MY SON" 

Wei ying once again shouted. 

Qiren was silent, first because he didn't expect Wei ying to surrender, second, he is now exposed.

In the exact moment Xichen and healer entered the room, Wei ying's focus now shifted to his JiXian. 

He didn't care about his reactions or the consequences even a tiny bit. All he had in mind at the moment was to save JiXian. 

Seeing JiXian's convulsions, Wei ying's brain couldn't think of any other choices to make, and deep down it was fixed in his mind that it must be the old fox's revenge. Hence he didn't hesitate to request Qiren's help, however at the arrival of the healer, he saw hope and completely forgot about Qiren. 

Xichen and the healer didn't hear anything Wei ying said and Xichen with Wei ying assisted the healer in his work. 

However it was not the case for Lan zhan who sat there, thunder stricken.

Also, not for Qiren, who gulped at his dear nephew's killing intent flaring in the air.