21. Perception

"Take us with you." 

This was the reply of Wei ying when Lan zhan told him about his journey. 

Lan zhan would have done so, if not for the safety concerns. He cannot have a control on the situation out there, and cloud recesses is a better place to rest and it is safe comparatively. He cannot put his family in danger knowingly. He already failed to protect his man once, and the perpetrator is yet to be found. 

"Stay and behave!" He replied, not looking at Wei ying's eyes. 

"I will definitely run away. Or at least I will make you regret it." 

Lan zhan very clearly remembered Wei ying's baby face huffing with anger. Despite the warning, Lan zhan had to leave. 

There was protest by the people of the two sects, and Lan zhan had to arrange a meeting with the two groups. It would have taken two days like his brother predicted, if not for Madam Yu's help. 

He had asked his Uncle to assign extra men to protect Wei ying and JiXian, however his Uncle not only took care of it but also sent Madam Yu to help them as the sects in fight were located close to lotus pier, which resulted in them solving it in a day. 

Madam Yu and Jiang Fengmian had always shown their support, be it in cultivation world issues or personal issues, to make up for their son's absence. 

"He loves you. Don't let him out of your sight. Go back to him." 

Madam Yu advised Lan zhan before they parted ways. 

It was just a single day away from his Wei ying, but Lan zhan felt hollow. 

He didn't know how he survived without his love in those years. Now that he was back, the feeling of missing was inevitable. 

With much anticipation when Lan zhan reached cloud recesses, people looked agitated. There were disciples talking among themselves in groups, who stopped abruptly as soon as they spotted Lan zhan, which obviously didn't give off a good feeling. 

He remembered the day of Wei ying's disappearance and Lan zhan's palms sweated like hell in the ice cold weather. 

"Greetings Hanguang-jun. Master Wei…..you better see it for yourself" A senior disciple came to Lan zhan and struggled to reveal what happened. 

"Lead me there" 

Lan zhan felt his heart dropping down into his stomach, convulsing there, giving him shooting pain. 

He got confused as he was led towards his Uncle's quarters. 

At the door were several disciples crowded on both sides, which increased the tension. 

Lan zhan's stiff body entered the room, inside the room it was just Qiren, Wei ying, JiXian, Xichen and a healer. When Lan zhan's eyes fell on Wei ying, his entire body relaxed. He could see that Wei ying was tense for some reason. 

"How did the meeting go?" 

Lan zhan moved his sight, listening to his Uncle's voice, only then he realized that his uncle was in bed. Next to him was the healer. 

"It is not advisable to strain" Qiren tried to get up from bed, for which the healer advised not to. 

There was a big stab wound on Qiren's abdomen, similar to Wei ying's. 

"How?" Lan zhan went closer to Qiren to check on the wound, while the question was for his brother. 

"Don't be hard on him. I see him no differently than you."