8. Scared

'It's alright' 

'It's alright. No one will know' 

Wei ying kept saying this in his mind when his Lan zhan advanced towards him in bed. 

He didn't have the strength in his heart to say no to the man, who looked at him with endless love. 

"Wei ying" 

Instant heat rose from within Wei ying, which then made several knots, making him weak all of a sudden.

"En?" 

Every second of waiting was like a torture to Wei ying who was already scared like anything. 

"Let's sleep?" 

Wei ying didn't expect his husband to say this. 

"Mn" Wei ying smiled, relieved. 

Lan zhan held Wei ying's hand that was shivering, and pulled him gently into his embrace. 

Lan zhan waved with his other arm and the lights were turned off. 

An hour after the lights were put out, Wei ying hadn't slept. He blinked looking at the unfamiliar ceiling. 

"Not sleeping?" 

Lan hadn't slept either. Having his love within his arms, he was too excited to fall asleep.

"Ehh..not a morning person hehe" 

Wei ying replied lazily. He waited for Lan zhan to continue the conversation, but only then he remembered that his Lan zhan is a man of few words. 

He took this as a chance to get to know about Lan zhan's thoughts about Lan Qiren. 

"Lan zhan" 

"Mn"

"What did uncle tell you?"

"To take care of Wei ying." 

"Not anything bad?" 

"Uncle likes Wei ying." Lan zhan replied after a while. 

"Mn. Who is Uncle as a person to you, if I may ask?" 

Wei ying didn't know whether he was polite at this point, but the early incident was at the tip of his tongue. He had an urge to share it with his husband. 

"A parent. Someone I respect the most." 

"Wei ying will come to like him" Lan zhan assured. 

But the more Wei ying listened, the more awkward he felt. He felt a bone in his throat that didn't let him share the incident with Lan zhan. He can neither seek his husband's help nor challenge the oldman on his own. 

He really wanted to know the reason why the oldman hated him. If at least he knows, he might think of a way to change that. 

Until then, he cannot get close to his husband or do anything to provoke the oldman. 

One week after the wedding, there was a big announcement for all the sects across the country. 

"Lan sect is elected as the chief sect without opposition

There were speculations that the Qinghe Nie sect who shared a brotherly relationship were in support of the Lans from the beginning, and the newly bound Jiang sect backed up the Lan sect making them powerful. 

Jin sect was planning to get the support of Jiang sect by a wedding proposal to Lady Yanli, however Lan sect acted prior to them. 

The various sects in the sects council agreed to the rules listed down by the Lan sect, showing their respect for the chief sect. 

Important rules being,

Any sect not following the guidelines of the chief sect shall be expelled from practising cultivation. 

Any individual not following the guidelines of the chief sect shall be expelled from practising cultivation.

Other sects shall not question the motives of the chief sect and must have complete trust. 

Sure enough, Wei ying found the answer for his question. He was used as a tool by the Lan sect for their step towards power. 

If he exposes Qiren's threat, his family would definitely break their bond with the Lans which might put his own sect at a disadvantage, given the newly set regulations in effect. Wei ying cannot drag his home down. 

But deep within he believed in his Lan zhan. If his Lan zhan supports him, he need not fear losing his husband. 

'But why does the oldman hate me?' 

This question remained unanswered. 

After two months 

Lan zhan's pov 

I now realize that love is the most complicated thing and a concept that cannot be described in mere words. 

I thought I could make Wei ying realize his love by showing how much he means to me. But now the idea seems just like wishful thinking. 

There is an invisible wall that prevents us from getting closer. 

Wei ying spends almost all his time with me, but I can say that his heart is yet to trust me completely. 

Not only that, he avoids any kind of skin contact in public. His reaction is extreme anytime even if I touch him out of the situation. 

Are there people who dislike skin contact? Me?! Yeah, that was before I met my Wei ying. I really like it, if it's about touching Wei ying. 

Only him.  

Inside Jingshi, he lets me hug him, and I haven't had the heart to make him feel uncomfortable, hence we haven't had our first kiss yet. The feeling of waiting is a blissful torture. 

At Jingshi

Wei ying closed the sliding door slowly, and made sure that his Lan zhan wasn't there inside. 

His outer robes were dropped on the floor one by one, the innermost robe remained. He then searched his qiankun pouch and retrieved a medicine container. 

"Hiss" 

The wound was fresh and it was painful when the medicine was applied. There were several red marks on his back and legs, each one in exchange for his accidental skin encounter with his husband during class. 

But the oldman was generous enough to give him medicine for the scars. Even if it was Lan zhan who touched him, he should bear the consequences. 

In between this chaos, Wei ying realised his feelings. That it cannot be anything but Love. The feeling of wanting to be with someone desperately, to the point of sacrificing one's own self. 

He wished he could confess his feelings to his Lan zhan. But the truth he is hiding, stopped him. 

He wished he could make love with his Lan zhan. But he was not willing to disclose his scars and the background. 

Wei ying put on his clothes carefully, and grabbed the two jars of wine from his qiankun pouch. He has time until night for his husband to arrive. No one will question him, as he was given the freedom to play. 

By the end of the first jar, Wei ying heard the creaking sound of the door, followed by footsteps. 

"Wei ying" 

And then there came his husband, too earlier than expected.