I'm not "that guy" anymore, and I made damn well sure he's dead.

Sunny looked at Basil's face, as he pulled out of his hug. He couldn't help the slight smile from looking at his face, even with the tears on it.

He began to blush, as he noticed what he was doing. "W-Well, how about we go read!" His face returned to its usual neutral expression.

Sunny tried to put his heart back on his sleeve, but apparently the instructions written on it were foreign, since people still had trouble understanding his emotions, and his face was still frequently untouched by emotion. More frequently than his peers, at least, but a great improvement to how afraid he was to emote at all during those years before.

Basil seemed to be the only one to understand him. At least his emotions. He remembered Basil and Mari always trying to explain how happy I was to people who didn't see it. Sometimes even Basil would be the one explaining to Mari.

The boys headed upstairs into Sunny's bedroom to hang out. Both boys blushed when they sat on the bed, but after a silence of a few moments, Basil broke the awkward tension. "Are you sure you still want me to, um... read to you? It's been a long time, you might think it's boring now..."

"Absolutely, Basil! I mean it." Sunny answered with absolute confidence.

I missed your voice so much...

Basil's face turned a light pink, as he opened the new book, Overcast.

Sunny laid down on Basil's lap, and began to close is eyes when Basil started the first page.

"Wh- Sunny? Why are you- What are you doing?" Basil's face turned a bright red.

Sunny would have blushed, but he was so comforted by this old position they sometimes were in. He missed it.

"I liked laying on your lap, and imagining the story happen. I just want to do that again." Sunny replied matter-of-factly. He still felt a bit flustered being in Basil's lap. It was Basil after all.

Of course, he could deal with it. It had been so long, his brain needed this, no matter the heart palpitations.

Basil's perfect blushing face rushed behind the book, to avoid Sunny's gaze.

"I- I'll just read the book..."

As Basil began reading the first page, he felt Basil's soft thigh behind his head relax, no longer tense from the embarrassment he probably was feeling from his old friend acting so weird...

It was the perfect pillow, with the beautiful lullaby of Basil's voice, he felt like he could almost fall asleep.

He felt his body relax, and began to drift off, until he heard his mother screaming from downstairs, jolting him awake.

"Can you help me take the recycling out tonight!?" She screamed. You'd think the house caught fire.

He settled back onto Basil's soft thigh. He looked into his eyes as he looked down at him with a cheerful expression.

He looked so cute. He began looking at his lips. They were so beautiful. So soft. So close. He suddenly felt a feeling of a coming embarrassing situation. As a teenage boy, he had a very rare ailment, not many may know of.

Random boners.

Okay, maybe not that rare, but still.

Sunny tried to urge the blood rushing to his less-than-mentionables.

Sunny's attempts were in vain, and he awkwardly sat up, covering his pants with his shirt.

"What's wrong Sunny?" Basil asked, wondering why he got up. An innocent question with a dirty answer.