This suit doesn't fit me, I made it myself counterfeit-ly

Sunny walked out of his house. He hadn't eaten, but it didn't matter right now. He needed to speak to Basil. He needed to talk to him.

Please don't hate me...

Sunny looked across the street. The lights were on inside, so he knew he was awake at the very least.

He walked slowly towards Basil's house looking at the ground in front of him. Grey cracked stone, some dandelions growing between the pieces of broken cement.

Sunny sighed. He felt like a shitty friend. He looked back up while crossing the street. He walked up to the door and tried to knock, but his hand just hit air.

Stupid fucking depth perception.

He tried twice more before finally making contact with the door.
An unexpected face answered the door.

"Ah, The Daybreak, so good to see you!" The Maverick said with a sparkling smile. His toothy grin made it very apparent he had not brushed his teeth yet.

"Uh... hey Mik- Maverick. Didn't expect you here." Sunny replied with a flat expression.

"It's The Maverick, and I was just about to go over to your house with Basil, guess we are psychotically link." He said putting his hand to his chin with a smirk.

"Psychically... and what's with the mushrooms?" Sunny asked pointing at the now noticable clear plastic bag with mushrooms in it.

"Ah, my grandma gave me them." The Maverick said pausing his dramatic posing to look at and gesture to the mushrooms.

"Okay..."

Why is he bringing his grandma's mushrooms with him??

Basil came to the door behind The Maverick. "Okay, great, Sunny's here, let's go, Mikhael." Basil said in a rush, pushing him out the door.

"Wait, wait, goodbye Miss Polly! I will miss your radiant beauty most when I leave tonight! Goodbye!" He called backwhile Basil pushed him out and slammed the door behind himself.

Sunny stared at the scene. The Maverick smiling like an idiot with a blushing face. "My kind of lady, you get me, Sunny?" He winked.

"I guess." Sunny lied, not actually getting him.

The Maverick put his arm around Sunny at an angle, now being slightly shorter than Sunny.

"You get me, Sunny, you like girls too, so you know what it's like. She wasn't wearing a bra dude!" He said the second part with his hand beside his mouth, facing Basil. He could still hear him.

"Okay." Sunny didn't really care about The Maverick's hormonal... for lack of a better word, "Milf-hunting". "Where are we going, anyway?"

Sunny hadn't really given much thought to why they were following The Maverick. He just knew Basil was, and he wanted to be with Basil.

The Maverick turned to face the two boys. "You see, grandma gave me these and told me to only take them with friends, so I thought, hey, I have friends right here, why take them home when I can try them here! Plus she only gave me four... so I can't take it back for the gang..."

A moment of realization hit Sunny. "Mikhael, did your grandma give you drugs?"

"No, no, she said they were for like, meditation. It's called like, physic saddle or something... also, it's The Maverick, not Mik-"

"Okay, do you know anything about a mushroom called... physics saddle..?" Sunny asked Basil.

"I didn't even know that was a mushroom." Basil shrugged.

"Heh, back in the days you used to be smartest kid in the grade, Sunny. Looks who's teachin' who now." The Maverick posed proudly.

Sunny just kept walking, trying to think what those mushrooms could be. Even if they weren't hallucinogenic, they were still definitely going to do something weird if they were for "meditation".

I need to calm my mind anyway.

After a little over a minute of walking The Maverick's grandmother's house was before the trio. The Maverick smiled, and walked to the door.

"Gram-Gram... don't tell anyone I said that..." The Maverick said with blush on his face, "Anyway, grandma said she'd be gone for the day because she wanted me to try meditating. Something about distractions, whatever."

He tossed the bag of mushrooms onto the carpet in the middle of the living room. The old-fashioned European style furniture looked pretty. The carpet was soft in spite of how thin it was. It sported a Persian pattern.

"Man, this is the first time I ever got to hang out with friends at my house! Or uh, my grandma's house I guess!" The Maverick happily grinned.

"You aren't too bad, The Maverick. A bit weird, but not too bad." Sunny said as he sat down.

Basil rolled his eyes and sat down too.

The Maverick passed everyone a mushroom, and all three ate theirs. Sunny tasted practically nothing. The soft texture wasn't bad, though.

"Ew... it has a bitter aftertaste..." Basil said making various "ech" sounds, trying to remove the flavour.

"I like it!" The Maverick announced.

"It doesn't really taste like anything." Sunny shrugged, "It's okay I guess."

"Wanna share the last one?" The Maverick winked.

"Sure, why not." Sunny shrugged again.

Once again, a soft flavourless mushroom consumed, and nothing happened.

"So like, is something supposed to happen?" Sunny asked The Maverick.

"I dunno." The Maverick responded.

Basil giggled.

"What's so funny, dude?" The Maverick questioned.

"Ah, I just remember they're called physic saddle mushrooms, heheh." Basil giggled again.

"Ohhh! I remember what they're called!" The Maverick said snapping his fingers, "They're called psilocybin mushrooms!"

Basil's laughing stopped. "Ps-Psilocybin? You mean, like, magic mushrooms?"

The Maverick's face brightened, "So you've heard of them!?"

"They're ILLEGAL Mikhael."

"Oh. Well, they're all gone now. Besides, why would they make mushrooms ille... illega... ill..." The Maverick trailed off as his pupils dilated.

Sunny looked back at Basil, who stood up, his pupils dilated too. "Sunny... you look so pretty right now..." He walked over, and poked Sunny's cheek. "Woah... how did you do that..."

Sunny opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by the Kool-Aid man's entrance. "I'm sorry for your loss!"