Am I really that bad?

--hey guys sorry this chapter took so long, writing it was hard because a lot has been going on, plus whenever Mari is brought up, i think of my own dead sister, so yeah i hope you guys enjoy the chapter--

Basil woke up with a jolt of fear. His mouth painfully dry, and his hands shaking.

Why did... what just... I need a drink.

Basil got out of his bed, his legs shaking, and went to the bathroom. He picked up the cup he usually used for mouthwash, and filled it with water and pouring it into his mouth, swallowing it with a twinge of pain.

"Ugh." Basil said taking a deep breath. He poured the remaining few drops out of the cup, and placed it back on the counter.

Basil looked at himself in the mirror. He stared into the reflection of his eyes.

You're pathetic. Useless, and ugly. Even if Sunny were gay why would he ever love you. You stabbed his eye for no reason, and probably ruined his birthday too. You just ruin everything around you.

Basil put his hands to his face, crying as though he were a pathetic child. He sat on the tiled floor of the bathroom, sobbing reticently.

"What's wrong with me? Why do I have to feel like this about my best friend?" Basil whispered to himself between sobs.

Basil stopped himself from crying any longer and stood up. Something in the mirror looked like it was judging him, making Basil avoid looking at the mirror.

Basil ran out of the bathroom, and back to his room. His alarm clock said 2:08. Basil stared at it. Basil looked at his bed for a few moments, too.

I wish I were someone else. If I were never born, Sunny's life would be so much better. Mari would probably be alive, and everyone would still be happy.

The clock said 2:09.

Basil sat on his bed, and thought some more.

Maybe if I kill myself, Sunny won't have to worry about this stupid political shit I got him stuck in. He can get a girlfriend at his new school, and he can have a normal life.

Basil put his hand on his forehead. His head hurt from thinking of Sunny being with a girl, but Sunny being happy was more important.

The clock said 2:11.

Basil left his room, and went downstairs. The lights were off, obviously, except a small light that was motion triggered in the kitchen. Basil was surprised it somehow saw him from the living room.

The light's blue glow illuminated the stovetop, letting a bottle of some kind on the stovetop be seen. It was too dim to see properly.

Basil ignored the light, though, it wasn't what he was after. He walked into the kitchen, and opened the cutlery drawer.

A variety of knives were visible in spite of the dim lighting. Basil picked up a sharp steak knife, and lifted it to eye level.

Nobody will miss me.

Basil held the knife pointed towards him at throat level. He took a deep breath, and pressed the tip to his throat. Unsurprisingly, it felt sharp. An extremely small amount of blood trickled down Basil's neck.

Just... stab it in...

Basil reared the knife back, in preparation to stab. A picture of Sunny's smile flashed before Basil's eyes.

I can't. I can't do that to Sunny. He already lost his sister, I shouldn't make him go through even more. God I'm so selfish.

Basil silently put the slightly bloodstained knife back into the drawer, and slowly walked upstairs again, before slumping into bed.