I got Anubis on my back, and something in my shoe

Stranger attempted to strangle Omori, but as soon as his room hit the floor, red hands sprung from his back, cutting away the tentacle, causing him to fall to the ground.

"How atypical. You feel weaker. Stretching yourself too thin, perhaps?" Stranger jeered Omori, as he picked himself up.

"No. It has just been a while since I've encountered a Stranger in someone's superconscious." Omori replied in a monotone voice.

Sunny stared at the two. He felt a bit out of place. Stranger suddenly snapped his head to face Sunny. "Move us to Blackspace. I have an idea."

Sunny closed his eyes and tried to do a sort of teleportation to that place, using a sort of "imagine you're somewhere else" technique that he heard about on some lucid dreaming website.

He opened them, and nothing changed. "Uh... how?" Sunny asked Stranger.

Omori lunged and slashed at Stranger. Stranger jumped backward, leaving a small black stain where he previously stood. "The light bulb, dimwit, you've done this before!"

Sunny frantically ran to the "room" of Omori. He sprinted up to the bulb, carefully avoiding the dead cat, and smashed it in his hand.

His hand was bleeding, but the sensation of falling up was a bit more concerning.

Soon enough, Sunny smashed into the ground, bending his neck forward at an awkward angle. Sunny, however, was not dead despite the absurdly long fall. He also was not splattered on the pitch black ground. Sunny watched Stranger smash Omori into the ground next to him. Omori wore an expression of irritation and slashed through Stranger.

The knife went through Stranger as though he were made of some gelatinous material, though he promptly grabbed Omori's face and smashed it into the ground repeatedly, contradicting his earlier soft jelly-like composition.

Omori smiled suddenly, and a large red hand sprung from his chest, grabbing Stranger. Sunny came out of his trance watching the two fight and ran at Omori, kicking him while he was down, literally.

"Annoying fuck, god damn it." Omori said, grabbing his head where Sunny had kicked it. The red hand loosened its grip, and Stranger seeped out from between the fingers.

Stranger quickly reformed his arm back into its earlier tentacle shape and began strangling Omori. Omori quickly began struggling, but after only a few moments, the struggling stopped, and his face was flushed red. Omori had died that easily?

"Don't celebrate now, Sunny. He isn't just one being now. He's still in that man, Yuri, remember?" Stranger said, reading Sunny's expression like a picture book.

"R-Right." Sunny said worriedly. He began thinking about his sleeping self. What if Yuri came and killed him and Basil? Or maybe his mother, just to torture the two further. Sunny began to shake.

Stranger shook his head, about to speak again, before Omori began to laugh from his strangled state. His voice was hoarse, and coughs occasionally interrupted his sinister snickering.

"You fucking idiots. I *cough*  just gonna keep c-coming back until I *cough cough* until I kill you." Omori began laughing again, until a fit of coughing interrupted again. Stranger promptly stabbed Omori through the stomach with the tip of his tentacle, ending his laughter.

Only a few silent moments passed before Sunny and Stranger faced each other again. "Your mind is complex, Sunny. Intelligent enough to create a being of your influence, and then creating that being with enough intelligence to survive after you disposed of it."

Sunny felt a bit flattered at Stranger's praise, but also curious. "Did I... uh... did I also create you?"

Stranger laughed. "Don't get bigheaded. I am no creation. I am a natural creation, designed to protect the psyche. I and others like me are why Omori can't just waltz right into any mind he wants to take it over."

Sunny understood... sort of. "W-Wait, I need to wake up!" He said anxiously. "Can you... how do I wake up?!"

"Jeez, calm down. I'll put you in post-REM. You'll wake up as soon as your sleep cycle is finished." Stranger rolled his eyes, and everything faded away.

Sunny woke up to a boy clinging to his arm. It was Basil, with his face looking prettier than usual from the morning light. His face was as beautiful as a fully bloomed sunflower to Sunny, the blonde hair looking a bright yellow in the early morning light.

Basil stirred a bit, making a cute squeak that made Sunny's heart flutter. A sudden loud knocking made the two jump. Sunny heard his mother had woken up surprisingly early, since she had answered the door soon after the loud pounding was heard.

"Sunny! These policemen need to speak to you!" She announced.

Sunny glanced back at Basil, who was rubbing his eyes, sitting up. No longer hugging his arm. Sunny felt disappointment in silence.

After bidding Basil a farewell, he ambled downstairs. A police officer and Detective Nēr were standing at the door.

"Hello, Sunny. We would like to ask you some questions down at the station. It's about the killer who attacked you and Basil." Nēr said.

His face was suspiciously flat, in contrast with his more expressive demeanour from the night before.

Of course, unusual seriousness or not, Sunny was waiting for this moment. Being able to tell them as much of what happened as he could.

Thank god. No more worrying about the ones I love being killed.

Sunny walked with the officers to the car. "In the back, please." Nēr requested.

A detainment car... weird...