Transcript B29070067SI1a

INT. Subject: Sunny Whitbaker

Case No. 067001

Case Subject: Murder, rape, and possible other criminal acts endured by victim Polly Ngan.

Autopsy Details: Autopsy incomplete.

Sus. Follow-up - Hair found at scene was recognized as Sunny Whitbaker's, who was already in the database after their attack was allegedly attacked by known killer, Yuri Zigong.

Transcription below.

Whitbaker was brought into Interrogation Room 1 (small room, one exit, barren walls with grey epoxy table and chair).

After a ten minute period, Detective Nēr (henceforth referred to as "Nēr") entered the room.

Nēr: Alright, Sunny, sorry for the wait.

Whitbaker: It's alright. I need to tell you about (suspect interrupted)

Nēr: I will ask the questions we need to know the answers to. I don't want us getting sidetracked. This is a very urgent case, after all.

Whitbaker: Ah- Y- Okay I- Yeah, that makes- makes sense. [sic]

Nēr sits in the chair across from Whitbaker. Body language indicates nervousness or embarrassment from Whitbaker. Nēr keeps body language neutral.

Nēr: Now first, I need to confirm some information. Most of this we already have, but we need to make sure it's all correct.

Whitbaker: Right.

Nēr: Can you state your full legal name?

Whitbaker: Middle names too?

Nēr: Yes, thank you.

Whitbaker: Sunny Heinrich Xiamen Whitbaker.

Nēr: Can you spell Heinrich for me?

Whitbaker: H-E-I-N-R-I-C-H.

Nēr pretends to write on his clipboard. The paper already has Whitbaker's full name on it.

Nēr: What was your home address?

Whitbaker sighs, seemingly disappointed by the speed of the interview.

Whitbaker: 1882, Front Street... Nearburgh, obviously.

Nēr once again fakes writing the information. The paper, after the interview, had a doodle of two pandas, likely being what Nēr was doing during the information gathering phase.

Nēr: Alright, can you tell me what the date was when your sister died?

Whitbaker changes his seating position to a more closed position.

Whitbaker: Er... N-November 6th, 1996.

Nēr: ...and how did she die?

Whitbaker: She... [long pause] She killed herself...

Whitbaker appears distressed at mention of his sister, Nēr ends the information gathering step.

Nēr: Alright, thank you, Sunny, now we can get into the interview. So, where were you yesterday? You apparently weren't home all day.

Whitbaker: I was at my friend's house... well, their grandma's house. She wasn't home, though.

Nēr: Was anyone with you?

Whitbaker: Yes, Th- Mikhael, and Basil. The house was owned by The- Mikhael's grandmother.

Nēr: You spent over 10 hours at the house. What were you doing?

Whitbaker: Well... uh...

Body language evidences likely consequent or embarrassing answer. Nēr picks up on this and reassures.

Nër: Sunny, no matter what you were doing, you need to tell me. We're dealing with a murderer here. You smoking some weed or drinking underage is irrelevant to me.

Whitbaker: O-Okay... so... me and Mikhael and Basil took like... magic mushrooms. [sic]

Nēr: I see.

Officer Kim enters the room.

Nēr: Ah, Sunny, this is Officer Kim.

Officer Kim (henceforth referred to as Kim) sits in the chair next to Nēr. He uses closed and aggressive body language, introducing the beginning of the first interrogation strategy.

Kim: Yeah.

20 seconds of silence.

Kim: Why was your DNA found on the body?

Whitbaker: What?

Kim: Your hair. It was on the body.

Whitbaker remains silent.

Kim: You fuckin' killed her, didn't you?

Whitbaker: No.

Whitbaker has not changed his facial expression during most of the interview.

Nēr: Look, just because he had his hair on her doesn't make him a killer. You're no murderer, Sunny, I've spoken to real psychoes, real freaks out there. You're nothing like them.

Whitbaker: Okay.

Nēr: What happened? Did something go wrong?

Whitbaker: No. I was with my friends.

Nēr: Can they verify that?

Whitbaker: Yes.

Kim: Then how did so much of your hair get on Polly's corpse?

Whitbaker: I don't know.

GCBC Strategy was evidently not working. Whitbaker was at minimum age for shock technique, so it was used.

Kim slides image of Polly Ngan's head onto the table. Image depicts corpse as found. Both eyes gouged out, semen found in left eye socket, in mouth, and in windpipe on head (none inside body's windpipe). Semen analysis is incomplete.

Whitbaker's face remains flat.

Kim: Do you know what this is?

Whitbaker: I can't tell. Looks like gore, I guess.

Kim: This is what Polly's head looked like after you killed her, and fucked her body! Fucking freak.

Whitbaker: I did not d-

Kim: BULL. SHIT. You sick fuck, you didn't even react when you saw it. You didn't even fucking flinch. What kind of creep...

Nēr pats Kim's shoulder, trying to make him reel back the hyperaggressiveness. Intimidation is strictly forbidden, and a court could interpret that as intimidation had it gone on longer.

Whitbaker: Okay.

Nēr: I think we should cut today short.

Whitbaker: Okay.

Whitbaker moves to stand up but is stopped by Nēr.

Nēr: Sunny Whitbaker, you are under arrest under suspicion of a connection to the homicide, rape, and necrophilic defacement of the corpse of Polly Ngan.

Whitbaker: Fuck off.

Whitbaker complied and left the room peacefully. Whitbaker was relocated to holding cell 9. Officer Kim recommended to continue interrogation decorum training.

Transcription ended.

Evidence exp. 09/11/2009

Adm. H
Nearburgh Police Department
ID - B29070067SI1a