Don't you make me waste my breath

"God damn it." Sunny muttered as he clutched at his bandaged eye in pain. A painful stinging began, and soon subsided in his cornea.

Basil put his hand over Sunny's left hand that was unmoved on the mattress. "Are you okay?"

"It's fine, just my eye started stinging. The part that was hurt before." Sunny answered with some relief that the stinging stopped. He unknowingly danced around saying that Basil was the one who hurt it, not wanting to make Basil feel bad.

"Sunny... can I tell you something?" Basil asked looking down at his lap.

Sunny's mind raced, wondering what it could be Basil was wanting to tell him, but his face remained flat as always, as he uttered "Sure." with the emotional intonation of a brick.

"Well... that night... the one the day before you left... I-" Basil's sentence was cut off by Sunny's mother bursting into the room.

"Sunny! You're awake! I was so worried!" She said while she hugged Sunny, tears falling from her eyes, "I shouldn't've locked you out! I promise I will never be so callous again!"

Basil looked at her with an awkward expression. Obviously, he knew this before, but Sunny and his mother, Magnolia didn't know that he did.

"Ah... Basil! Thank you so much for always visiting my boy! I... er... have some family matters that-" Magnolia began, but Basil interrupted politely.

"I'll be on my way, don't worry, Mrs. Magnolia." Basil said. He smiled at Sunny, and waved a goodbye before leaving the room.

"Alright, Sunny, I promise I won't make you go outside from now on. I'm sorry I locked you out so much, I was just worried you would be always spending your days inside..." Sunny looked at his mom while she spoke shakily.

"It's fine mom, I just want to go home now." Sunny said quietly.

"Okay honey, the doctor said you were fine to go home. Is your eye hurting around the edges?" Magnolia asked with concern.

"I'm okay, mom." Sunny muttered.

Sunny and his mother left the hospital promptly, Sunny adjusting to walking for the first time in 2 days.

I was hoping I'd at least see Basil on the way out...

The car ride home was far quicker than Sunny expected, barely even a 5 minute drive away.

As Sunny's mother pulled into the driveway, Sunny left the car and silently walked to his room. He just wanted to go on his computer, and unwind.

Sunny turned on his monitor, and then his computer. It made its usual weird whirring, and the screen flashed to life.

The weird logo for the operating system being used popped up on the screen, before it flashed to his desktop.

Sunny clicked on his web browser, and began to type in the name of his choice flash games site, before he paused.

I forgot, I guess I should check on that forum post.

Sunny made a forum post 2 weeks ago on a flash games forum, he couldn't beat a level on some puzzle game, so he tried asking about the solution.

After typing in the website's address the page loaded for a few moments, before opening to the homepage. The notifications bell caught his eye with the giant "999+" next to it.

I should've checked it sooner.

Sunny clicked on the first notification on the list, sending him to the bottom of a giant page listing every comment on his post.