I'll turn up the heat if it's too much

Sunny looked through his drawers. He rummaged a while, before realizing his stupidity. He grabbed the Gameboy off of the shelf above his bed.

He looked inside his Gameboy's battery pack, and saw 2 rechargeable batteries inside. It also had "Long Lasting" next to its name.

Hopefully they lasted 3 years without turning it on, long.

Sunny clicked the power button, and the screen actually turned on. No low battery light or anything.

Mom must've put in new batteries.

The "Pokemon Red" title screen flashed on, showing the little intro cutscene and whatever else happens if you weren't as impatient as Sunny was, who spammed the A button through it.

He was immediately thrust into his old save file, accidentally mashing A before he could make a new game. Sunny didn't mind, though. This made it easier to try a glitch he remembered reading some years back. A Nintendo magazine which had told him about a glitch called "Missingno."

Sunny walked "Red" to the city he needed to be in the start the glitch. He remembered he didn't name this file, since he was planning to use it to teach Mari all of the Pokemon.

He looked at his Pokedex. 120. Incomplete.

Sunny sighed. The save file wasn't going to be used, anyway. He searched on Yahoo the answer to how the glitch was performed.

After performing the beginning song and dance of talking to the drunk old man, he opened his menu to fly to Cinnabar Island as the guide told him, and then he began surfing.

It looked like he might've been a tile off, but Sunny kept surfing, he would know when he got an encounter whether he messed up or not.

As if on cue, the screen flashed, and a Pokemon appeared. An odd figure appeared on the screen, looking like a glitched out ghost sprite.

Sunny recalled the silph scope, now remembering where the ghost sprite came from. The issue was the unusual glitching in the center of it. Its face was also missing, no visible smile or eyes. Just glitching and fluttering white pixels in the center of its face.

The text box read "Sunny sent out Hhsjjgasdjes!" His starter Charizard appeared on the battlefield. The random spam of characters he had chosen since he couldn't think of a good name.

Wait, I didn't name my character... did it say Sunny?

He attacked the ghost with Charizard, using flamethrower. It did very little damage. Sunny noticed the wild opposing Pokemon didn't have any information available save for its health.

Sunny felt a bit creeped out. He looked in the bag to see if he had enough Pokeballs to even try and catch it anyway, and saw exactly what he needed. A masterball.

His 12-year-old self must've been saving it to catch Mewtwo with, or maybe the ever elusive Mew. He never got to that truck.

He decided that he would use it on whatever this thing was instead. The ball was thrown, and then disappeared. The sounds of it shaking could be heard. The pixels instantly stopped fluttering when the sound of a successful capture played.

It became an eye. Staring directly at Sunny. Sunny proceeded to the pokedex screen, and could've sworn it had blinked before the screen changed.

It used the normal, unglitchy Ghost sprite on the pokedex screen. All it showed was its name "Ghost" without displaying any other information.

"Would you like to name your  ?" it had asked. Sunny chose no, not wanting to risk anything glitching, and losing the save file.

"   was added to your party." Sunny was confused, since his party was full, it should've went to a box. Sunny checked his party.

Instead of the more desirable outcome of 7 party slots suddenly existing, it had replaced a Vaporeon previously in that slot.

He scrolled past Hhsjjgasdjes, seeing Kel, the Pidgeot he had named after him. Then Aubrey, his Machoke. Then Basil, a Vileplume.

Sunny got a sick feeling in his stomach. Hero, the Kadabra. Finally, was the Ghost. An unusual icon, looking like something... familiar.

It had taken what was his Vaporeon's nickname. Mari. Sunny took a deep breath, and looked at the summary.

"Mari :L 108 HP: 298/308 STATUS/FßĶÙO●■ФA TYPE1/BIRD TYPE2/GHOST IDNo/MŪ2RĐ OT/Sunn■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■"

The stats of Mari refused to load. Sunny checked the moves it had. The exp points refused to load. The moves were, on the other hand, intact.

"P USH PP 30/0
WATER GUN PP 55/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
SWORDS D■¤¤●一■■■■■/30

HELPSKY ATTACKPP100/100"

Below the last attack seemed to be more, but it was cut offscreen. Sunny felt the sprite staring at him again, and quickly wanted to leave that screen.

He saved the game, and decided to check the pokedex entry. He knew that it would crash his game, since the guide warned about it, but he still wanted to see.

It started at the top of the pokedex, so he pressed up, which should take him to the Missingno pokedex entry. It did, in fact, take him to the glitched entry.

"Mari GHOST No. 1996 HT       WT         MURDERERMURDERERMURDERERMURDERERM-" the game crashed immediately. Sunny decided he shouldn't turn that back on today.

Sunny felt rather shaken, and decided to go back on his computer. Pokemon flash games sounded fun without any Missingno in them. Pokemon Gold and Silver, too, hopefully wouldn't have Missingno in them.

That was way more creepy than it should've been.