Praying you might die before I fall in love with you.

Tw// meanie words.

Basil heard the doorbell tone from his room.

"P-" he caught himself. Almost called Polly's name. Basil walked downstairs. The strong smell of bleach made him feel a bit queasy.

A polite knocking was heard before Basil opened the door to see exactly who he was hoping for.

"S-Sunny!" Basil stuttered out, "Y-You're out of jail!"

"Yeah. Are you okay, Basil?" Sunny asked with concern crossing his mostly neutral face.

"Am I okay? You just spent the night in jail! Are you okay?" Basil retorted.

"Yeah, I'm fine, why?" Sunny asked, slightly confused.

Basil put his hand to his face. "Sunny, can we... go somewhere today? I need to get out of this house right now..."

"Sure. I think a cool movie is coming out today, so if you uh... can finance that..." Sunny said sheepishly.

"Sure, that sounds nice, Sunny." Basil faked a smile. He didn't want Sunny to worry about him. Maybe a movie could help Basil take his mind off of things, too.

Sunny led the way as Basil walked by his side. The theatre was nearby enough, making sure Basil wouldn't get the chance to start... thinking badly.

"So... In the Jaws of a Beast, or American Bank Heist 2?" Sunny asked in a monotone voice.

Basil was unsure. Both looked like apt ways to make him not have to pay attention to reality. "Uh... your choice."

Sunny walked to the ticketmaster. "Two tickets for In the Jaws of a Beast, please."

"Sure, uh... it'll be..."

Basil interrupted by handing the man his debit card.

"Oh, uh, alright..." after some fiddling with the ticket machine, he handed the pair two tickets to the movie. "The movie starts in 10 minutes, so take your seats soon."

Basil and Sunny took seats in a random row next to each other. The theatre was sparsely populated.

I guess American Bank Heist 2 was the popular film for today...

And so, the film began.

[Panning shot into dark house]

[Woman being chased, screams as Thunder strikes. Blood splattered onto wall, as screwdriver is jabbed into her face, causing her to fall to the ground]

Basil cringed at the gore and felt himself shift closer to Sunny for comfort.

[Lightning strikes, flashing everything to bright white, flash ends showing teenage girl getting her picture taken at a school picture day.]

Photo Lady: Next!

[Teenage girl walks towards camera, Teenage boy joins her.]

Teenage boy: Hey Amber, you hear about the junior prom Jacob is holding?

Teenage girl (Now Amber): You're still talking to Jacob? I haven't seen him in years, Andrew. Why would I care about some fake prom he's hosting?

Teenage boy (Now Andrew): Yeah, I wasn't either, but I heard about it from Peter-

Amber: Ugh, shut the fuck up, Peter is such a fag! Don't even bring him up!

Andrew: Yeah, yeah, I know he is, but he told me that Baxter was gonna go to Jacob's prom, and he was gonna ask someone out to it.

Amber (stuttering): Baxter? Oh- I- Oh gosh- how do I look today?

Andrew (snickering): Fat as always.

[Amber hits Andrew]

Amber: Shut the fuck up, you dumbass!

[Announcement over very fake sounding school intercom system]: Chester Fleetwood has been missing for 2 days. Please contact the office or the police if you have any information on his whereabouts.

Andrew: Wasn't that guy in your class?

Amber: Good riddance, guy was a prick anyway.

[Amber proceeds to take a makeup mirror out of her purse, and applies blush.]

Andrew (holds "bitch" in a mock ghost impression): Bet he's dead. Gonna haunt you now for being a biiiiitch

Amber: Ugh, shut up, this is why girls won't date you.

Andrew: I thought you said it was because I was ugly. Looks like you were lying, weren't you?

Amber: Not all girls go for looks. Some go for brains, which you also don't have.

The cheesy dialogue was just good enough for Basil to wrap himself up in.

The mindless drivel blurred by until the horror began at the previously mentioned party.

Jacob, along with several other bullied students, appeared wearing various masks.  One of them was also the aforementioned Peter. Apparently, Baxter had teamed up with them because he was gay and he knew how the school treated gay people or something. Whatever message the movie was giving didn't matter.

What did matter was the horrifying visuals. Highly detailed fingernail removal effects made Basil cringe, and the horrifying chases made him cling to Sunny's arm like Kel would hold onto Pluto's leg for dear fucking life.

Andrew survived at the end, having successfully escaped the killers. However, the killers were not caught. Some went missing, and others couldn't be linked to the crime.

Basil didn't really care about the plot, but the horror was okay enough to make him have his involuntary Sunny hug reflex activate.

The movie ended, and Basil sat up straight again.

His mind was swimming with thoughts, and in an empty theatre, he felt he could finally speak. "S-Sunny. I need to... ask some things of you. It might be selfish, I'm sorry."

"Ask away." Sunny responded with his usual expressionless face.

"P-Please promise you won't leave me again..." Basil said, some tears falling from his eyes. "Please don't abandon me..."

"I... I won't." Sunny said earnestly. Sunny personally believed that Basil would want to leave him first, anyway.

"I'm so scared, Sunny." Basil sobbed, "I'm scared something's... something's going to take you t-too."

Sunny hugged Basil wordlessly as he cried into his shoulder, possibly ruining his new sweatervest.

A theatre employee quietly cleaned the rows farthest away from the two, trying not to intrude.