The overwhelming harmony, consuming the colony

Sunny felt the adrenaline finally dying down. His legs started hurting after he left the bathroom. Sunny felt his knees buckling, sending him towards the floor.

Basil caught him before he could conclude his descent to the floor. "Th-Thanks, Basil..."

The two awkwardly looked at each other for a few moments, before Sunny began getting up as Basil began to speak.

"I think you should just stay over here tonight, your legs probably hurt too much to walk far..." Basil observed.

Sunny walked a few steps into Basil's room, before careening into the mattress on Basil's bed.

Soft, and comfortable, with enough firmness that you don't sink too far in. Just like the last time he had been in it, perfect comfort.

A perfect 10.

Sunny turned over to be lying on his back, and looked at Basil.

"You probably need some rest... I'll get the spare mattress..." Basil said. His observation skills were top notch.

Sunny lay on the pillow, trying to make sure he didn't fall asleep.

Evidently, it did not work, as Sunny woke up suddenly in a pitch black bed room. Sunny felt something stuck around his arm.

He tried pulling his arm out of the blanket, but it was tangled too hard. He tried to grab the blanket itself to untangle it. It wasn't a blanket.

Sunny felt a soft hand gripping his shirt sleeve. He also felt his face heat up. This had to be some sort of blushing record.

Sunny noticed light and initially thought somehow his blushing had created light, but instead, the photons were being sourced from day breaking behind the closed curtains.

He looked back to Basil. He was soundly sleeping, while hugging Sunny's arm. The soft exhales slightly ruffling the shirt made Sunny's heart flutter.

Basil rubbed his face against Sunny's arm in his sleep. He felt at risk of heart palpitations at this point.

Sunny stared at the ceiling, praying to whom it may concern that Basil stay asleep for just a few minutes longer.

As if the heavens had come down to personally hand Sunny a rejection of his request, Basil suddenly made a little "snork" sound, before opening his eyes.

He looked into Sunny's eyes awkwardly, as they stared at each other for a few moments.

Basil let go of Sunny's arm, and backed himself onto the other side of the bed.

"The other mattress was thrown away, and I couldn't fall asleep on the couch, plus it had some blood on it to I was just falling asleep I didn't fall asleep on your arm I just did it in my sleep and I'm sorry." Basil blurted out. There was barely a nanosecond between each word.

"It's fine... sorry if I woke you up..." Sunny awkwardly said. He was trying to make sure Basil didn't know however long he was just admiring Basil.

He began to stand up, and left for the bathroom. The blood rushing to his legs made some of them try to sabotage his morning with morning wood, however, his healing wounds were a bigger focus thankfully.

Sunny rinsed off his face like usual. He tried to do it daily... obviously the recent hospital visit messed that up, but he still tried.

Sunny returned to Basil's room to check if he had anything he left in his room, and to speak to Basil.

Unfortunately, Basil was changing, thinking Sunny wasn't going to be there for a while.

Sunny stared for a few seconds at Basil's bare back and shoulders, mesmerized. He now understood why those European guys thought ankles could somehow be attractive.

"Sorry." Sunny said, averting his gaze... well, trying to but he really had a hard time not glancing back 45 times in 5 seconds.

Basil turned around, with his chest covered. "AaAhHhhHHH I'm CHANGING!" Basil said. Intonation shown.

Of course, this just made Sunny glance a few times at his midriff before shutting the door.

Ugh, I feel like such a perv.

His lower body also agreed with that sentiment a bit too enthusiastically. So much for no morning wood.

The red blood cells celebrated their victory over Sunny's dignity by prompting constant pulsating.

Sunny tried the old waistband trick, which the blood cells responded with revolution. Sunny decided just staying in the bathroom to wait it out is best.

3 minutes, and some muscle flexing to redirect bloodflow later, the blood finally forgot about what Sunny had seen, and decided Sunny is allowed to have dignity again.

Finally... fucking hell, Basil, why do you have to be so perfect... makes things hard.

Sunny laughed at his hilarious pun nobody would ever hear, before leaving the bathroom, and going downstairs. Basil was seated at the table on his BlackBerry, while Polly was cooking pancakes.

"Oh hello, Sunny! I'm almost done making the pancakes for you two! How many do you think you'll eat?" Polly smiled.

"One, probably." Sunny replied quietly.

"Oh, just look at you, you're skinny as a rake, try two." Polly said, placing 2 pancakes onto a plate, and handing it to Sunny. He abstained from butter, but still threw maple syrup on.

This was a bigger breakfast than Sunny was used to, but who the hell says no to free pancakes? Whoever does, is extremely unfamiliar to Sunny.

Basil received 3 soon after, Sunny quickly beginning to eat the pancakes. He thanked Mari silently, for whatever spiritual influence she had in the making of a Maple Syrup farm in Guangdong.

Polly had the radio turned on. Some obnoxious radio host talking about a current international event.

"Y'know, I don't see why those Hindus and Muslims hate each other so much. One doesn't eat pork, other doesn't eat beef, you'd think India would be some kind of vegan's utopia, but after a conflict just this..." Sunny tuned it out to stare at the blonde haired boy next to him.

Everything about him just seems so lovable...

Basil looked up, his eyes shining a beautiful bright teal. He closed his eyes, and smiled his adorable smile. His cute little giggle sounded like music to Sunny. "What, do I have something on my face?" He laughed.

Sunny laughed back quietly, and looked away.

Okay... maybe I have a bit of an actual crush on Basil.