The atmosphere changing colours by sheer force of will

Tw// suny hroney

Sunny sat on the wooden chair, staring at the door to the bathroom. Some anti-LGBT protesters were still outside, yelling things Sunny couldn't quite make out.

The sounds of water rushing out of the shower head from the bathroom drowned them out, leaving Sunny to his thoughts.

He had almost forgotten today was his birthday, all of the morning's commotion consuming them. Sunny put his head down. His head hurt.

Sunny looked into his hands.

"Hey, why are you soaked" Omori spoke.

"Shut up... just leave me alone..." Sunny muttered aloud.

"I'm just here asking why Basil was in my room today. Make him stop, or something. People aren't supposed to be in my room."  Omori spoke with distaste in his tone.

Sunny was confused, but it annoyed him listening to Omori, now. His presence in his mind made Sunny very uncomfortable.

Sunny just ignored him. Omori remained silent but present, as Sunny just listened to the rushing water, and stared at his hands. Basil began singing, just barely loud enough to hear through the door.

Sunny didn't recognize the song, but Basil's voice felt soothing to the ears. Omori's presence dissipated too, to Sunny's relief.

He began thinking to himself about Basil. Basil always was there to help him, always so selfless. Sunny deserved worse than a stabbed eye that night.

Sunny began to recall the details of the night. The night that was the reason for the glasses on his face.

Basil was looking terrified, as Omori made Sunny become overwhelmed with fear, Sunny now knowing it to be a last ditch effort to make Sunny go back to the dreamworld, running away from Basil.

Basil helped him remember the truth in his dreams, just like Basil always helped Sunny in reality. Sunny felt sickened with how he tried to run from Basil, who was clearly hurting so much.

I deserved to have this eye ripped out. Probably even worse, still.

Sunny closed his eyes, and continued recalling that night. Basil was being consumed by some sort of thing, at least through Sunny's hallucination tainted perception. Basil seemed to see a similar threat, that being one tugging on Sunny.

In spite of Basil's good intentions, he began attacking Sunny instead, somehow thinking he was attacking the monster tugging on Sunny.

First Basil stabbed once in the leg, making Sunny start trying to hold Basil's wrists and stop him from attacking. Forgetting to eat for most days that week seemed to have made him weaker, though, as he could barely hold Basil back.

"Please, Sunny, please I need you!" He had cried in despair, "Let go of him! Don't take him away from me!"

Sunny felt his heart sink, thinking of how he practically abandoned his friend for years, only to come back when he was going even farther away.

God, I'm worthless.

Basil seemed to be aiming for Sunny's eyes, while Sunny usually thrashed aimlessly.

Eventually he wrenched the shears from Basil, but the manner in which he did made him stab Basil's arm. Basil had winced with pain, tears still streaming down his face.

Sunny looked at his hands with realizations, dropping the shears.

Basil, however, was far more determined, and in spite of his somewhat weak appearance, wrenched the shears from his arm, in what must have been extreme pain, and screamed out something along the lines of "LET HIM GO!" before stabbing a regretful and shocked Sunny in the eye, causing him to pass out.