Thank matter for mass and the comfort of gravity

Sunny shyly turned to Basil.

"So... um... w-why did your mom call you to Guangzhou, anyway?" Sunny asked.

"Oh- Um... I was supposed to make a public appearance with her because... well..." Basil was sweating, and looked conflicted.

"You can tell me anything, Basil." Sunny said, trying to sound understanding.

"W-Well... I came out as gay to my parents... so they wanted to use it as a way to help my mom's campaign..." Basil said meekly.

Haha!! Yes!!!! Yes!!!! Fuck you Omori you were wrong!!!!!! Yes!!!!!

Sunny kept his composure, in spite of his inner celebration. He began to think of how to respond.

"Oh. Okay. That's cool."

Maybe I could've said something better but I had to think fast...

His response seemed to have sufficed, as Basil hugged him tightly.

"Thank you for accepting me, Sunny..." Basil said. He sounded close to tears.

I mean, it'd be hypocritical not to.

Sunny laughed inside at his totally hilarious response he said in his head, then pulled out of the hug.

Basil's hair smelled like strawberries... which was sort of funny that it didn't smell like Basil.

Sunny looked into Basil's slightly watery eyes. He always looked so beautiful.

Basil wiped his eyes with a laugh, "What's so funny?"

"Ah, was just... thinking of when you asked about my birthday present... I guess I'll have to wait to see what you got me!" Sunny smiled at Basil... well, for just a second.

Sunny was a bit self-conscious about his smile. He felt it looked weird, so he just didn't smile much unless he couldn't stop himself. Basil must've thought he was the ugliest guy on earth with how much he smiled around him.

Basil had an expression of realization cross his face. "Ah! In the trunk, my bags... one of them might've had it! I'll have to see when we get there!"

Well, now Sunny had to try and find out what it was.

"Is it a game?"

"No..." Basil giggled.

"Is iiittt... a giftcard?" Sunny continued his interrogation. He guessed 4 other things, until finally...

"It couldn't be a violin." Sunny spoke tentatively.

"Maybeeeee..." Basil said giggling a bit.

"Basil, you didn't need to spend that much on me! Those can be hundreds of dollars!" Sunny said incredulously. Still smiling though, because as if he was going to reject a free violin.

"It's okay Sunny, you deserve a great present!" Basil smiled at Sunny a big smile. It made Sunny's heart flutter a little, but he didn't let how he was melting show on his face.

The limousine came to a stop. The tinted window on the door showing a figure walking up to the door.

"Young master Basil and his boyfriend, Sunny, you may exit the vehicle." They left the limousine, and Basil tried to explain to deaf ears they weren't dating.

"We're just friends!" Basil argued.

"Yes, now, not to prod, but did you and your partner do anything that would need me to... sanitize the seats?"

Both Basil and Sunny made a disgusted exclamation.

If I was going to do something like that with Basil, it wouldn't be on car seats!