Woke up smiling like I blacked out in Glasgow

Sunny looked away from his flash game to look at the time. It was already 6pm, even though it felt like Basil left only minutes ago. Sunny's mother barged into the room suddenly, making Sunny jump a bit.

"Oh did I scare you, hun?" She giggled a bit, and then placed a plate of steak and fries on his desk, "I have to go to a conference tomorrow morning in Guangzhou, so I'm going to be gone for the night. Take care of yourself, Sunny, and keep the door locked."

Sunny nodded, and returned his attention to the game. It was a puzzle game, and he was on the last level. He couldn't quite figure out what to do. It seemed like a blank screen, with no objective, save for a grey rectangle. He ate a fry as he clicked it, and it released water, flooding the level. Nothing changed, though, it just filled it with water. He clicked the rectangle again, and it closed the rectangular hatch again, revealing a star, which he clicked on, and won.

That was a bit of a weird ending. Guess it was one of those puzzles where the trouble comes from overthinking it, with all the stuff appearing after you click the button.

Sunny decided to bring his dinner downstairs, so he could watch TV as he ate. As per usual, nothing that interesting on. News bulletin about some violent anti-gay riot earlier in the day, shitty sitcom that was filled with old people humour, and a romantic movie.

Sunny ate his steak, and decided maybe he could use some pointers on flirting, or romantic behiaviour in general. Y'know, "just in case."

He recognized "Shallin Tse" in the main female role, and some random guy as the male lead, the "male heartthrob" thing that was big in the west didn't catch on so hard in China. This movie seemed to have an actual plot, but of course, Sunny came in midway so all this talk about "Rotcadab Corporation" they were having kind of made no sense.

"Just shut up and kiss me, Sheila! I love you, even their brainwashing drugs couldn't stop me from loving you!" The male lead declared, as he kissed her on the mouth.

Sunny cringed a bit as it seemed more like they were making out, but still, took note of the way he spoke for his unconditional love. Of course, Sunny definitely wasn't thinking about anyone in particular when he was taking note, but that was unimportant.

As he was about to repeat a cheesy line from the movie, a knock came at the door. Sunny looked through the large window next to the door, checked who was at the door. Someone was looking back. Smiling.

Sunny was first unsettled, then terrified when he noticed what the person was holding. He tried to calm down, hoping it would just disappear. He looked again, and the man appeared to be closer to the window. The absurd smile on his face twisted his features, but Sunny could still recognize them. It was Yuri.

"Hello, Sunny, it's me, Omori, let's have a chat." He said, he could barely contain his glee, and giggled after he spoke.

"Wh-What are you doing?" Sunny sputtered out. A bit of a dumb question, but hindsight is 20/20.

"I'm here making good on my promise, Sunny. I've come to kill you." Yuri smiled even wider.

"I'm... I'm calling the police!" Sunny said as he dashed to the phone. Immediately began beeping, like when you get hung up on. He looked back to Yuri, who held up two parts of a wire.

Sunny ran upstairs, momentarily checking the other phone, which also was not working. He ran into the bathroom and locked the door. He heard glass breaking downstairs. "So distracted by a stupid romantic drama you didn't notice me cutting your phones! Honestly, Sunny, how you had enough mental strength to beat me is beyond me."

A loud crash came from downstairs.

"You know, police always try to find motives. Motives for anything done by a killer. Yuri wouldn't have a grudge against you. He did on Mikhael, though, which is why I let him try and get him. Not as good as I am at the whole killing business, though."

The TV's sound cut out, as another loud bang came from below.

"They always try to find motives. "Why would the killer do this? What would the killer gain by doing this?"

A loud booming sound came from downstairs.

"A gas stove? Jeez, what a death trap. Using one of those in 2000... anyway, Sunny, are you kind of getting my reasoning? Why I just knocked over tons of your shit and destroyed it? No fucking reason. This wouldn't be done by any other killer. Any killer in general, even. It wastes time, you know your victim isn't going to be anywhere near this objects, and a killer wouldn't do this to try and keep away potential witnesses who hear the noise."

The sound of glasses breaking came from downstairs.

"So if I do random shit like this, and then slit your goddamn throat, and give you the knife, the police are gonna come in, say you had a mental break and wrecked the house before killing yourself." Yuri explained laughing loudly. The sounds of him coming up the stairs echoed through the door. Sunny shook with fear hiding beside the sink, leaning against the door to not let it open, as an extra precaution, in case he somehow picked the lock.

Yuri immediately kicked the door hard, hurting Sunny's shoulder.

"You hear that, you little shit? Nobody is gonna come to help you. They're gonna think you killed yourself. Want me to write up a note for you, or will you do that for me?" he laughed. He went into his mother's room, and could be heard breaking the mirror, and pulling down one of the dressers. He came back in the hallway.

"I'll make sure I fuck up your room the worst."

Sunny quivered in fear next to the door, and heard Yuri destroying something in his room. Sunny came up with an idea. He snuck slowly out of the bathroom, and went to the stairs. He left the bathroom door locked to keep up the illusion.

He reached the top step, and then went a few steps down, before one creaked. He heard Yuri, and Sunny froze with fear. Yuri kicked the bathroom door again. 

"You better not be trying to leave through the window, fuckface, because then you'll have your legs broken for a good few hours until I finally kill you."

Yuri made one more kick, and then went back to destroying Sunny's room. He heard his computer being ruined, the loud noises prompting him to rush down the stairs a bit faster. He decided to leave through the window, since the front door was really loud when it was shut.

Sunny carefully walked over the broken glass in his socks, then landed on his feet on the grass. He felt a piece of glass that must've gotten caught on a thread dig into his heel. He whimpered but shook his foot before running towards Basil's house.

Please believe me, Basil... please believe me, police...