Prolouge

TW
Please let me know if I missed any

???

I was walking to the park, my friend promised to meet me at the park, she promised today we could play.

But while I was walking I felt a hand close around my mouth, and I was whisked into darkness.

I struggled and tried to scream, but the person holding me just stood there.

"Shh, I'll let you go if you stop squirming."

I didn't.

"Okay, then just listen," the person said with infinite patience. He had an odd accent, definitely not L'manburg.

"I saw a few sketchy people a few blocks from here, where are you headed?"

I gestured to my mouth, and he quickly uncovered it.

"Like I'd tell you." I snapped.

He held out his hands in front of him. "Please, I just want to make sure you get where your going safely."

I looked him up and down.

He was probably 7 years older than I was.

So about 14. I thought about it. If he was telling the truth I would avoid being jumped, and if he was lying it's not like he would know where my house was.

"Fine, I'm going to the park." I said, crossing my arms.

He took my hand in his, his grip gentle. "Just pretend we're brothers."

I nodded, and we walked out of the alley.

I got a good look at him in the afternoon light. He had curled horns and downturned ears. He caught my gaze and smiled.

"What's your name kid?" He asked.

"What's your name?" I challenged.

"Fierce, I like that." He mused. "My name is Schlatt, Johnathan Schlatt."

"Oh, well I'm Soot!"

The teen, Johnathan, snorted.

"Wilbur Soot." I said with a scowl.

We walked to the park in relative silence.

Once we reached the park, Kit jumped us, pointing a switchblade at the teen.

"Let him go." She said in as threatening of a voice as a six year old could muster.

Schlatt let go of my hand and backed away. "I just wanted to keep him safe." He said with a smile.

Kit looked at me, curiosity in her eyes.

"Yeah, he did keep me from being jumped." I explained.

Kit cocked her head, her white ears perked. "Oh, well thank you."

"Are your parents here?" He asked, looking around.

"No, his parents," she pointed at me, "think my parents are here."

"Where are your parents?" Schlatt asked.

"Dead." She said, as if he has asked her what color the sky was.

He faltered for a moment, "So where do you live?"

"District 8, what's your name?"

"Where in District 8? Johnathan Schlatt, but you guys can call me Jschlatt" Schlatt said.

"The really dark alley between the two abandoned buildings on 18th street. The buildings are also apart of my home."

Schlatt looked partially horrified about this.

_____________________________

I'm thinking of bouncing from the past to the present.

Maybe.

Have a great day/night my friends!