Chapter 23: Profiles

TW brief mentions of abuse,
Please let me know if I missed any

Third person

The five of them were sitting in the living room when they heard a crash from upstairs. At first, everyone thought it was just Nyx, who has accidentally knocked over several things already, thankfully none, of which, broke.

She has sort of become the "watch your step" reminder after both Wilbur and Phil tripped over her.

But the small lump of fur that was Techno's companion, was curled up on the couch, intently watching the game of monopoly.

There were small clicking sounds, kind of like the sound Nyx's claws make on hardwood floor.

Icarus looked up, and then sprung up, rushing over to the person. Vespa was close to follow, with the most emotion any of them have seen from him.

There was a small oof, as Icarus nearly knocked Astro over with the force of his hug.

Vespa joined the hug, and pulling away, promptly ended up yelling at him about over-exhausting himself.

I'm sorry I worried you guys. He signed sheepishly.

Icarus looked overjoyed, and Vespa looked. . . Happy? Techno doesn't really know, or think, Vespa is an expressive person.

Astro looked slightly out of it, until he registered the fact that there were heros in the room. His eyes narrowed slightly, not really out of hate, but more out of distrust and disliking.

Am I going to get an explanation?

"You passed out, we were all brought to a hospital, we couldn't leave because they didn't think we were above legal age, and Sparrow has taken us as hostages."

Wait, what?

"I wouldn't exactly say 'hostages' more like temporary placement." Wilbur said.

"Sparrow banned us from leaving." Icarus whined.

Astro gave him a deadpan stare.

When did you start listening to the higher-ups?

Icarus signed something back that none of the heros caught, and Astro gave a curt nod and pursed his lips.

"Join us for a game?" Icarus suggested, and his teammate, ever upset he may be, smiled and let himself be led over to the couch.

Nyx lifted her head to stare at the new person before her amber eyes turned back to the board.

As the days went by, the heros soon realized that there was something keeping the benchtrio from leaving.

Well, at least Jubilee did.

Also that Astro was the medium between the two, not a complete brick wall, but also not expressive.

Atlas was always busy training the little back fox with white socks, and Sparrow was always preoccupied with something else.

Atlas had somehow managed to make a psychological profile for each of them though.

Astro always had a sort of anxious energy thrumming through him, and walked around as if something was going to jump out and attack him at any moment. Which was very contradictory to what he was like out on the field.

Icarus gave off a very confident aura, almost like: no one can hurt me. But his stance was tense, and he walked like he was on a cliff and one gust of wind could send him free falling off of it.

Vespa was definitely the hardest to make a profile for. He's a concrete wall, and the most emotion he had were scowls or soft smiles for Astro and Icarus. Techno had to go solely off of body language and even that wasn't a lit.

Techno had managed to piece together something though.

Vespa has his guard up almost 24/7 and in the few moments he doesn't, he either has a really sad far away look, or is smiling along with his teammates. He walks like he has somewhere to be, and still scares the heros. But sometimes he ducks his head, and looks like he was just beaten up.

Those three are quite a puzzle.

________________________

My plot diagram for this book would suck, but that's the best part!

I already have plans for what I'm going to write next after this book is finished, and this one will probably have at least 10 more chapters.

Creativity go brrrr.

Have a great day/night my friends!✨️💙✨️