Chapter 25: The Fight Begins

TW: violence, implied injury, mentioned fire,
Please let me know if I missed any

Wilbur

It started with the news, Techno, Phil and I got suited up while we watched the news, Icarus, Vespa, and Astro flitted around trying to help.

It was an all hero call, and even though he was reluctant, Phil agreed to let the three vigilantes into the communication room of the Hero Tower.

With that set in place, all of us could go help out.

Comms were tested, and we were off, hoping not too many people were hurt.

It wouldn't be right if we arrived first, so naturally, when we all got there, Moon was already there, directing a bunch of vigilantes, and mercenaries around to help everyone.

Several of them looked at the band of heros with disgust, and others with distrust.

It still stung.

I was the first to step up, was always the first, and will always be the first to "stoop down" and ask vigilantes.

Moon held up a hand, not even turning from what she was doing.

"Not now Jubilee." They said, tossing some bandages over to someone I didn't recognize.

"Please, for stars sake, tell me you left the benchtrio behind." She said, whipping around and surveying all the heros.

"We did. Can you give an explanation?"

"Go ask Caz, she said, flicking her tail in the direction of the person she threw bandages at. "I have to help Morpho secure the perimeter."

With that she ran off, and I made my way to Caz.

"What's happening?" I asked her as she was bandaging a civilian.

"If you heros ever got off your asses and came over here, you would already know." She said, in a clipped, unfriendly tone.

I wanted to retort that I was once one of them, or that she should tell that to one of others, but I kept my mouth shut, I was a hero now, I wasn't a vigilante anymore.

You're just as bad as them

Don't stand up for shit

I quickly shoved those thoughts back down, and looked at her pointedly, "just tell me what we can do."

"I think we have most everything taken care of at the moment." She said in the same clipped tone.

Let me talk to her  came Vespa's voice sure and stubborn through the comms.

"Are you sure?" I asked, worried.

Sure as Hell will burn, she isn't the only one with a spitfire personality. He said with more expression than I had ever seen him actually wear.

I took the ear piece out, and turned the volume all the way up, just loud enough for Caz and I to hear.

"Go ahead."

Hello Caz, this is Vespa, and I would like to tell you to fuck your beliefs for one minute and tell the fucking heros what happened.

"Fine!" She snapped, but smiled softly.

I turned the volume back down, so I wouldn't go deaf, and thanked Vespa.

"JS has made several threats to blow up District 8 and District 10, including going to the lengths of hurting civilians, and burning down buildings. Keeps saying Moon has something of his, and we are trying to secure perimeters."

My heart squeezed painfully at the thought of my District being blown to smithereens.

"What can we do to help?"

__________________________

I should've gone to bed an hour ago, but I was caught up reading and writing, soooo. . . . .

Yeah I don't care enough.

Have a great day/night my friends! 💚🤍🖤