Chapter 5: It's me and you forever

TW mentioned mugging, violence, mentioned death
Please let me know if I missed any

Wilbur

The four of us grew up together, Kit Niki, George, and I. We always loved playing in the park.

We were unsupervised children, and it was great.

But as time went on, George strayed away from our little group. Living in District 6 and all, he didn't exactly act like us. He never looked behind him, and he just wasn't cautious.

None of us were cautious when we were younger, well, Kit probably was.

But even now, George still walks with arrogance.

He also brings his two buddies from the Badlands. It's nice, but they never grew up with the worry of being mugged, or stabbed.

They never grew up with the fear of being dragged into an alley and killed.

So, obviously they were arrogant too.

It wasn't too awful, Kit, Niki, and I always kept them pretty safe.

They never listen to Kit though, because she is the youngest.

I hate them with a burning passion. They are loud and arrogant and their going to get us all killed.

At some point, George begins to hang out with us less and less, until I turned thirteen, at this point the only person I don't have a secret to keep from is Kit.

He just stopped hanging out.

Of course I still has Niki, and Kit and Jschlatt. So I wasn't devastated.

We had fun together, and as awful as it sounds. I liked it better without George.

We didn't have to watch other people like babysitters.

But then Niki's parents found out Kit didn't have parents, and they didn't like "that kind of influence on their child", as if Kit was a part of a gang.

So Niki didn't talk to Kit anymore.

She still talked to me, but not nearly as much.

It hurt to think about the bliss of our childhood. All of us together, hanging out for hours. Nothing on our minds except watching the sunset.

But now was not the time to grieve over old friends. But to cherish our new ones.

I will be forever grateful that my parents either never got word, or didn't care that Kit had no parents.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked, we were both laying atop a building, watching the stars.

"Just the past, and our old friends." I said sadly.

"Yeah, it is sad that we don't talk anymore, but nothing will last forever."

"It's awful, what happened to Schlatt." I said at last. "It feels like everything is always falling apart, and I'm trying to hold on to the bliss of the past."

Kit grabbed my hand. "Well, we still have each other, as Saccharine as is it for me to say."

I gripped her hand and stared at the stars.

In the end we are each other's only constant in this raging chaotic world.

I looked over at her. "It's me and you together, Me and you up against the world forever."

______________________________

Another short chapter.

Don't ship Kit and Wilbur, please. They are childhood best friends who went through a lot of shit together.

Also, special announcement!

I an doing a collab with Void_1945 and BubbleBee-Ace

Have a great day/night my friends!

Love you all so much! 💙