Chapter 8: Free?

TW: fights, death, abuse,
Please let me know if I missed any.

Not the fluff you may have wanted, but-

This isn't Tommy's memory, it's just the past.

Tommy

It all started when Lethe had snapped his collar.

Now, all of us in the ring had collars, and no one has ever tried to take theirs off, in fear of being punished, and possibly beaten to death.

But one day, when we were both bored in our cell, I challenged Lethe to snap as many things as he could.

It sounds stupid, yes I know.

It started with a stick, and then a leg in the ring, probably an arm at some point, and a neck.

Then I challenged him to do the unthinkable.

Snap off his collar.

He was hesitant, but eventually relented, we would tell the owner it got snagged on the bar and snapped if he actually broke it.

The collars were strong as the metal bars, but made of cloth.

He took a deep breath, and snapped the collar clean off.

Where the collar was, on his neck, exploded in bright purple specks.

When all of the specks had died down, he and I stared at each other for a moment.

Just then, I felt a chilled sensation go through my entire body. I felt my hair fall into my face too.

I looked around, it was really bright, kind of like the ring. I looked down at the ground. It wasn't the white of sand, it didn't feel like sand either. Sand is really soft, and my feet sink into it, and I can feel it running over my toes.

This wasn't soft, and my feet didn't sink into it.

Instead it was hard and off white, it was kind of cold on my bare feet, and I wondered if spilling some blood on it would warm it up.

"Lethe," I whispered at last, "Where are we?"

We're in the city." He breathed.

He quickly snapped off my collar too, there wasn't any bright flashes, but I realized that my wings began shifting from their pure whiteness.

What's with that place, and it's obsession with white? I mean seriously, white sand, white rooms, white clothes, (well our clothes were gray.) White walls, white chains.

But now as I'm looking around what Lethe calls the city, almost nothing is white, there's a lot of beige and gray, but also many colors I've never seen before.

All the weird parties had people all dressed up, but they always wore faded pinks, purples, blues, yellows, and greens. Or white.

Now the world is filled with color, and so many new things.

But I could still look up and see the blue. A reminder that I was still in the same world, a world where there is something as beautiful as a city, and something as bland as the ring.

"Theseus, we need a disguise, and you have to put away your wings."

I stared at my wings, now they were more speckled with gray and brown. I kind of wished they were one of the new colors like the purple sparks.

Lethe wanders off a little bit, and I draw in my wings, pulling them closer to my back until I can retract them.

A moment later Lethe comes back with a bundle of stuff in his hands.

He drops it all on the floor, and sits next to it, picking through whatever it was.

I felt the same chilled sensation rack through me again, and shivered, not because it was cold, but because it was completely new.

I huddled closer to Lethe, and realized the bundle was a bunch of cloth.

There were rags and clothes in so many colors.

They may be tattered, but it would be much better than our bloodstained grey shirts.

At some point, Lethe tossed me several pieces of cloth.

There was a top, a lot like mine, but with blood colored sleeves, and some cloth to cover my legs, it was beige.

I slipped the gray top over my head, and quickly put the other top on. Everyone learns the quickest way to change, if we take more than one minute, people come in to dress us instead.

I had slipped on the long bottoms, and I turned to see Lethe. He was wearing a dark top, and grey pants.

"C'mon let's go." He took my hand, and we waked away.

It was even brighter once we were out of the outside hallway.

There were so many people walking around with so many colors, and smells.

The blue was so big out here, even though it was obscured by buildings.

I really do wish I could fly.

_____________________________

I'm breaking this chapter up.

Does anyone want more fluff? If so, do you have anything you particularly want to see?

ie. Wilbur and Kit, Tommy and SBI, Kit and the bench trio, Kit Schlatt and Wilbur, ect.

And what they do?

Have a great day/night my friends! 💙