Chapter 15: Fire

TW fire
Please let me know if I missed any

Phil

I stared at the winged vigilante, he looked me dead in the eye, not a flicker of movement. He stood perfectly still, not even a hint of what he was going to do.

His wings were tight to his back in an unnatural way, not resting, but closer to being bound to his back.

I shifted, and my wings rustled, it was an uneasy tension, I didn't know if he would lunge or bolt, talk or attack.

Just then, he cocked his head, as if listening to something in the distance.

"See you around old man." He said, saluting and then falling backwards off the roof.

Sparrow! Get your ass over to 56th street, there's a fire.

I gathered my wings, and jumped off the building.

I found the building quickly, it was an apartment building, and the distant music was drowned out by the crackle of fire, and the cries of people.

The apartment building was on the outskirts of Las Nevadas, technically not part of Icarus, and Astro's turf.

I saw Techno, but Wil was no where in sight.

I glided down away from the fire and saw Vespa, his wings buzzing as he fiddled with something frantically.

Just then, the door on this side of the building was kicked down, and three people rushed out, shoving three others to the people gathered outside.

The three almost fell to the ground as others rushed to support them.

Their clothes were blackened, and their faces ashy. They had cloth that was pulled off their noses and mouths.

A moment later, another figure emerged, coughing, and basically carrying another person.

They had small wings that were blackened too.

It was then, that Vespa noticed me. He was wearing a normal face mask, as opposed to the gas mask he usually uses.

"What are you doing standing here?!" He shouted. "There are still a lot of people in there."

"We are supposed to wait for firemen." I said gruffly.

Vespa huffed and grabbed my arm, I stumbled in tow, mainly because his grip was strong, but also because I didn't want to be paralyzed.

He marched up to Techno, and grabbed his arm too, and he also walked with us, most likely thinking the same as me.

We were dragged over to a man with a green ting to his skin.

Vespa pulled both of our heads down.

"You know the difference between heros and vigilantes?" He asked in a low voice. "Heros are too worried about saving their own skin, or majority. Vigilantes will hurl themselves into danger to save the minority."

It's not being poor that makes us vigilantes, it's the idea that people would die without us here. It's knowing that if we don't step up, no one will because heros don't care."

"Then why aren't you guys helping either?" I challenged.

"I'm a bee, a little too much smoke, and I'm out cold." He pointed to the green man. "That is Slime, he is a Slime, too much heat, and he will evaporate."

"We could call ourselves heros, it's just a label, but that label is inaccurate." Slime piped up.

"Jubilee calls himself a hero, but acts nothing like you guys. Now go save people from dying you f*cks!"

○●○Wilbur○●○

I sprinted down burning halls, and ran through every room.

The flames licked at my skin as I fazed through burning rubble and hot metal doors.

Joker, Slime, Astro, and Vespa were all at the building when Techno and I got there.

They were all helping direct people for evacuation.

"Sparrow! Get your ass over to 56th street, there's a fire!" I shouted as I ran through the door, and began searching rooms for any left behind.

A minute or so later, Icarus joins me, wearing Vespa's gas mask.

"Split up, search every room." I shouted.

Astro and Joker joined us, searching, and getting people out.

"Sparrow, I need you to find Vespa, you and him will be the middle men, I don't care if you hate vigilantes, Techno can actually be in the building without worry of smoke inhalation, and will suffer minor burns at most." I shouted to the air.

Vespa is right here, what do you need?

"The 4th floor is clear of all people."

third person

The five of them, cause Techno joined, regrouped at the top of the building, all the floors have been searched, and everyone has been evacuated.

Now they were waiting for Astro to gain enough energy to teleport them all back to the ground.

Icarus and Joker were holding Astro's hands, and Wilbur and Techno were holding their's.

Tommy squeezed his brother's hand and hoped it would be enough.

Ranboo gritted his teeth and concentrated all of his energy on twleporting to the ground by Tubbo.

Wilbur watched as, one by one, the purple fleck appeared, they spun very slowly.

Techno stared at the fire around them, and all the ash raining down. He stared up at the roof.

Quackity followed the hero's gaze and watched as the roof cracked.

Ranboo heard an earsplitting crash, and then a familiar vwoop. There were sirens, and shouts, but they faded in and out, he opened his eyes weakly, and saw lights.

Red

Blue

Red

Blue

Red

Blue

Then everything went dark.

__________________________

I have rewritten this chapter THREE TIMES!

I didn't know where I wanted to take the story, so I took it down this route.

Thank you for being patient, I lost motivation for a few days.

Ask V! Questions in the questionnaire!

Love you all!💜

Have a great day/night my friends! 💙