Chapter 3: Liar

TW: swearing, mentioned death, violence.
Please let me know if I missed any

Phil

I watched Icarus stare out over Logstedshire, his legs dangled over the edge of the building.

He looked so young and sad.

Astro came over just as I was going to step out. He sat next to him, his tail flicking.

Icarus snapped out of whatever he was thinking of, and spread a wing over Astro.

Protecting.

Vespa came over a moment later, and sat on the other side of Icarus, his translucent wings over the avian's other side.

As they sat like that, I couldn't bring myself to see them as monsters.

A soft breeze blew over the rooftops as the three all looked out over Logstedshire, and up at the stars.

There was a sad trill, followed by a comforting warble that wasn't exactly avian.

I wanted to chirp back.

To tell the fledgling that it would be okay, and whatever he was sad about would be okay.

But it would blow my cover.

I couldn't see Lethe and Vespa as the monsters I thought of them as.

They sat there with Icarus and looked at the stars.

They all looked so young.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Wil, if you were to guess, how old would you say the benchtrio was?"

"Why are you suddenly interested? I thought you said it doesn't matter." He said harshly.

I winced at my words.

Was I ready to tell him that they were too young?

No, not really.

Should I tell him that he was right?

Yes.

Will I?

Not now.

"It's not in their files. " I said blatantly.

Wilbur's eyes seemed to dull, and part of me wanted to tell him the truth.

"Icarus and Vespa are probably younger than 17, as for Astro, he's tall as f*ck, but probably younger than me." He said with a faint frown.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go meet Tommy." He finished coldly.

I sat on the chair, and wrapped my wings around me.

Icarus is but a fledgling.

Icarus is a vigilante.

He is hurt.

He has hurt people.

Don't assume.

Vigilantes are violent.

They act as a family.

They aren't the same as us.

Then why do they act like it?

Wilbur and Tommy came up the stairs, and I quickly folded my wings.

Tommy cocked his head, as if reading my movements.

Then he walked through the door happily, probably going to read comments to Techno.

Wilbur stood there for a second before sighing. He walked over and sat across from me.