Chapter 10: The News

TW terminal illness,
Please let me know if I missed any

Tommy

Kit had talked about the villan JS, they always seem sad when they talk about him, calling him a victim of a corrupt system.

As far as I know, JS was a vigilante who has been captured and thrown in jail multiple times.

He had been a vigilante longer than Sparrow had been training to be a hero, but they were probably close in age.

Apparently something has happened that finally made him snap, and he turned his full fury on the heros.

Almost killing several of them. Kit made no true move to stop him as Moon. She feigned a few though.

However, after his capture, Kit turned all her attention back to the vigilantes.

I don't know if Kit had a personal connection to JS or she just wanted to f*ck with the heros' heads.

But the next few days at work were tense, the message had spread like wildfire, and everyone was pretty grim.

There wasn't as much smiling, or laughing, and I hated it.

Everyone, it seemed was taunt, ready to snap at any given moment.

It felt like I had to tread super lightly, even with Bad and Skeppy.

It was horrible.

○●○

I walked down the hall, there was no sound besides the echo of my footsteps on the tile floor.

I gently eased open the door at the end of the hall, balancing the crate I was carrying, on my hip.

Jubilee looked up from whatever he was doing, "Yes?" He said stiffly.

He was really pale, which was saying something.

"What do you have there?" He inquired, motioning to the crate in my arms.

I dumped it on the ground, there were various things, like yarn and popsicle sticks, but most of it were letters, and paper.

"Are you busy?" I asked.

"You look busy."

"Okay, I have a bunch of things to do this afternoon, and I thought I would hit you first."

"Alright?" He prompted.

"I have some letters that I think you would want to read, and possibly reply to."

"Alright." He stood up, and began picking up the letters scattered around.

I beat him to it, snatching up every letter.

"No, I'll read them, and if you think it is necessary, you will write a reply."

"Alright!" He replied, readying a pen and piece of paper.

I opened the first letter, it was written in a small neat scrawl.

"Hi Jubilee!" I began reading aloud. "You are a really big inspiration for me, and I hope you get a chance to read this." I paused.

"A few years ago, I was diagnosed with ALS, it started at my toes, and has now spread all the way up past my knees. I wanted to give up on life because I was dying anyway. It is a painful experience, to know my body is dying while my mind is still alive. I've started watching the news, and I am pretty sure you are the only hero who empathizes with vigilantes. I want you to keep doing that, maybe one day things will get better, and I wish I could see that day, but I don't have faith that it will come soon enough. But I want you to keep hoping, because if no one hopes things will change, they never will. One of your many admirers, who hopes for a brighter future, Avalynn."

Jubilee has been writing while I was talking, he looked so sad while he was writing. I didn't blame him.

There were a lot of sad messages in this stack, but at the same time, there were a lot of starry eyed children who looked up to him.

Did he really emphasize with vigilantes? He doesn't act hateful toward them, and Ranboo said he was really nice to him.

"You ready to go on?" I asked, seeing he stopped writing.

"Actually, I think it would be better if I read them, this is going to take all afternoon, and you are busy."

Tommy shrugged, "Alright! I'll be around if you need anything."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got dropped off by Jubilee, but Ranboo wasn't waiting out by the door.

I wasn't too worried though.

"Where's your friend? The tall boy with the face mask."

I shrugged, "Probably busy."

Before Jubilee could say anything else, I got out of the car.

"Don't worry, plus, you have a letter to drop off." I said, scampering into the building.

I raced up the stairs, making sure to avoid the one with the hole, and skip the one that creaked and bounced.

I get to our apartment, and unlock the door.

I open it, and there is no one.

Tubbo and Ranboo should've been home by now.

I gently eased open the bedroom door, and smiled softly at the sight.

They were both asleep, Tubbo's wings over both of them, and his arms around Ranboo.

Ranboo's tail was wrapped around Tubbo's leg, and the end of it was swaying to a nonexistent tune.

I gently closed the door, and sat on the couch.

I was looking at the news, there wasn't much more than the JS escape.

I clicked on an article about it.

It was really intriguing, there were lots of theories, and questions about his escape.

Some people feared Vixen would come back now that her partner in crime was back.

Others were looking to the heros for reassurance.

I made a mental note to make a video about it when I got a chance.

Tubbo came out of our room awhile later, and I sprang up.

"Hey Tommy, sorry, I must've fell asleep too. How was your day?"

I shrugged, "It certainly wasn't the best. Everything is still tense. How was your day?"

Tubbp rubbed the back of his neck. "My day was alright, but Ranboo had a rough day."

Before I could ask him to elaborate, there was a scratching sound at the window.

It was a small fox, this definitely wasn't Elanna, because it was a normal red.

It held an envelope.

It scratched at the window again.

Tubbo walked over, and opened the window, the small fox dropped the letter and leaped into the apartment.

"It's from Moon."

_________________________

Ooh, things are gonna get exciting!

Have a great day/night my friends!💙