Chapter 27: I can help

TW
Please let me know if I missed any

So Bailey_Dog wanted a chapter from Nyx's perspective.

Nyx

It was one of her first free walks outside of the den and the misty forest, and by the stars, she was going to enjoy every second of it. Bounding ahead of who mother called Kit.

There were several different families in the den, some were white, like Lumi, and others were red like Tana.

Lumi and Tana were in the same month as Nyx, but they wouldn't listen as well as her.

Ha! She thought as she danced around. I got out of the den first!

In the den it was quiet and misty, with tall things that weren't really there. Mother called them trees. Sometimes people came to the den, not close enough to the foxes though. But Nyx could hear their voices carrying in the mist.

But out here? There were so many things to see and smell. So many lights that were never in the den. The night was young and so was she, bounding and playing in the soft springy grass, hearing her nails click on the pavement. Standing under the moon.

Then she saw a man sitting on a bench, long hair tied up, staring at her with eyes more vibrant red than Tana.

She sauntered up to him slowly, muscles taunt, and ready to bolt at a seconds notice. She watched his hands, his feet, and his posture, a single twitch signaling when to run.

But it never came. She jumped onto the bench, which; she was really proud of herself for, and sat there, staring intently at the man's eyes.

She had never seen such a violent color. It was like an assault to her eyes, but he looked like possibility, and smelled like the unknown.

It was only when she heard the whistle that she leaped away, bounding to where she heard it, and almost crashing into Kit's leg. She backed up and then sprung to Kit's heel like she was trained.

Kit talked to the man, probably saying how amazing Nyx was, and how she would get to be an acolyte like Elanna and Cam.

Then she walked away, and Nyx bounded after her.

● ● ●

She found the man again. It was a welcome suprise when he said her name, so he must know Kit. She spun in a circle, and darted towards the den.

He was slightly hesitant at first, but then followed her. Surely she could convince Kit to let her work with him, and see all the new and exciting things the man brings with him.

Nyx stopped dead in her tracks when she hears voices though. Mother says the littles aren't supposed to be around the people, and that only the older, more trained can.

After standing there for a few minutes with the man, Nyx began edging towards the opening to the den.

Long story short, she may have run away, hopping onto a big box with the man. When the box opened again, all of her senses were rudely assaulted by everything going on. It was nothing like her peaceful home.

The man took her into his den, and she slept there, before being shoved into a small mesh box and carried somewhere else.

Guess where she ended up?

Back home.

But Nyx didn't want to be back at home anymore. She didn't want the training to help the people as almost all the littles dreamed of doing. She wanted to go back to the man, and his den, and his content laughter, and love.

She sat on the den, and thought about how much she wanted to become a trained fox, but no matter hoe many good things she could stack up, it just didn't amount.

So she asked Kit really nicely, if she could go.

Kit agreed, and she said goodbye to Mother, and her siblings, and Lumi and Tana.

Her friends were sad to see her go, but Nyx thinks Tana will be a great beholder, and Lumi, even though he doesn't think so, will be a great acolyte.

Elanna walked her to what she calls the train station, and bids a farewell to her as she hops on the train. Away from her home, her family, and her den, and towards possibly.

○●○●○●○

Now she roams around a large house as the man with red eyes, Techno, and Wilburlee, as Techno called him once, and Dadza- or Sparrow rush around. Feelings high, and tension thick in the air.

Nyx swerves left and right to keep out of everyone's way, including the people Elanna is usually an acolyte for.

She stands on her back feet, small paws waving in the air as a gesture of, I'm useful, I can do things.

She is a year old after all. Which is usually when the littles are no longer considered little, and get their job assignments. Nyx hopes Tana and Lumi got the jobs they hoped for, and hopes they are as happy as she is.

She hopes everyone in the den is happy.

But that was the furthest from the truth.

___________________________

Sorry for the wait preparations for finals and too many due dates such. I am so glad it's almost over.

Some inner workings of the foxes.

Writing this chapter was rather fun because it was from an animal's perspective.

Did you enjoy it? Who else's stories do you want to dive into?

No more animals though, I think Nyx was, is, and will be the most important.

Have a great day/night my friends! 🤍💜🖤❤️