Chapter 12: Trust

TW mentioned suicide, mentioned death, mentioned foster care, fights, violence, self depreciating thoughts,
Please let me know if I missed any

Tubbo

I really hate the foster system.

It's just, 'alright this house looks fine, we'll just stick a small child in it.'

And then, 'oh no, I didn't know they hated hybrids, anyway, I think this house is perfect.'

Get knocked down, get back up again.

That was my life, until one day when I decided to end it all.

°°°

I sat on a bridge, my legs dangling off the edge.

One move.

That's all it would take.

One small shove would end my short life.

I laughed bitterly.

My life has been a short sad ordeal, and I was never loved.

I was put through painful games, and ran away.

A coward.

Then I was brutally shoved into the system of get knocked down, and pick yourself back up only to get knocked down again.

A silent tear trailed down my cheek as I thought of what a sad existence I was.

No one would remember, or even think about me.

Because I had no one.

Maybe that made it easier.

If I have no one, no one would mourn my death, no one would think about the little boy who got lost in the world.

Just one small push off the cold concrete, and into the cool air.

All I had to do was scoot off the ledge.

So why was it so hard?

Maybe I resented the fact that I would die with only bad memories and resentment of the world.

Just one small shove that would tip me off the edge.

So I took it.

My hands pushed against cool concrete, and I teetered on the edge for a moment.

Then I fell.

I had bound my wings, so there was no going back.

I resented this world, and resented all the awful people here.

It felt like I fell for an hour, but then I felt something cold on my hand.

I looked up to see a white hand.

I thought it was a ghost, coming to pick me up.

I felt myself being pulled back up.

Maybe God had taken pity on my sad excuse of a life.

I don't remember crying, but I couldn't see clearly.

I remember being surrounded in cold, and thinking I had dreamt it, and had actually just fallen into the icy river below.

I closed my eyes, and sighed.

Icy trails were drawn through my hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ranboo burst into the apartment sobbing.

"I c- can't do it anymore." He choked out as tears tailed down his cheeks.

I immediately stood up, "What happened?"

"A- another f-fight, an- and I j-just was s-so sick o-of i-it." He sobbed. "I-I grabbed b-both of t-them and h-hoisted them u-up, a-an' said they'd better c-cut it o-out."

I hummed, and motioned for him to sit on the couch.

"I- I thought I was doing s-something good." He hiccupped.

I pulled him into a gentle hug, and rubbed circles into his back as he talked.

"B-but the looks I got? I-it kills m-me."

"How do they look at you?"

"They look terrified, and angry, and it hurts, even now." He whispered.

I hugged him tighter, there were no words to describe what I wanted to say, and even if there were, it would sound fake.

"I am a monster." He whispered miserably.

"Ranboo, you have done so much for the city, for us, for me." I said fiercely.

"Take a break." I whispered. "You are one of the kindest, most caring people I know, without you, I wouldn't be alive. I love you."

"I love you too, and I don't know where I would be without you, or Tommy."

"Let's lay down, we still have an hour and a half before Tommy gets home." I said, getting up, and tugging him towards the room.

"Y'know what you said to me the day you saved me?" I mumbled.

"Mhm, I said to have faith in yourself, and trust me to do the rest." He mumbled back.

"Well I want you to have faith in yourself, and trust me to do the rest." I said, parroting the words he said to me eight years ago.

He hummed in acknowledgement.

"Thank you, Tubbo."

"Thank you, Ranboo."

______________________________

There's my fluffy angst of what happened.

Do you enjoy the fluffy angst?

Have a great day/night my friends! 💙