Chapter 19: Bliss

TW
Please let me know if I missed any

Wilbur

I flitted around the base, getting ready for the night.

Kit was restocking the blow darts, and JSchlatt was tipping arrows.

Tonight would just be a simple training and practice night. Kit has reached out to a vigilante duo in the Badlands, and called for an alliance.

They were older than us, but younger Schlatt.

They met us at Kinoko park in District 6.

According to Schlatt, all the Districts had their own name, District 6 being Kinoko, but then they began grouping together the districts, and now you have to say, 'I'm from District 10 of L'manburg.'

Well except for Logstedshire.

One of them wore a hood that shadowed their entire face, and the other wore a box.

I'm not joking.

They wore a box with a silly face on it.

I'd say it's dumber than the hero trainee, Dream, who wears a mask with a smilely face on it.

But he is a hero, therefore, he costume is instantly dumber.

I stood poised, and ready if one of them were to strike.

I glanced over to Schlatt, his eyes were fixed on the person with a hood.

Kit walked up to each of them, her ear flicked lightly, and her tail swished.

She was cautious.

The hooded one stuck out a hand to shake.

My fingers twitched, reaching for my dart gun.

Kit shook his hand with confidence, and we began talking.

It was more about what they did, and what we did, but it was an interesting conversation all the while.

"That was the most boring, yet anxiety inducing conversation I have have ever had." Schlatt said with a sigh when we got back to the base.

Kit laughed, "Aren't they all?"

○●○●○●○●○

I woke up to sun streaming through my window, at first I thought I has fallen asleep at the base again, but one glance around told me that I was unfortunately not.

I walked down to the kitchen, surprised to see the vigilantes sitting at the counter with Techno.

Icarus had brown eyes, and I still wasn't used to seeing him without his masquerade mask on.

"How's Astro?" I said, sliding into the stool next to Vespa.

"Out cold." He replied dryly.

"Do you two think he passed out from smoke inhalation?" Techno butted in.

"Nope!" Icarus responded almost instantly.

"Are you worried?"

"Of course I am, he is our teammate and our best friend, but I will yell at him the moment he is awake enough to hear it." Vespa said fiercely.

I winced, recalling how Kit had yelled at Schlatt anytime he did something really stupid. It wasn't what many people would think of as love, but both of us knew Kit had good intentions.

Phil furrowed his brow, "Isn't that a bit harsh?"

The two vigilantes laughed, and I smiled.

"No, he over-exhasted himself for the third time this month, although the other two times weren't nearly as bad, Ves is always the one to scold us when we f*ck up."

"Icarus!" Vespa yelled at his teammate, smacking him lightly. "I'm not nearly as bad as Astro is when you forget your earpiece."

"Fair."

Phil, Techno, and I all smiled, probably for different reasons, but I was happy they could be teens for once, and not act like the world is resting on their shoulders.

Maybe something good will come of this.

___________________________

I am going to have a angsty hurt/comfort family arc!. . . Or try to anyway.

Thank you all for being patient!

Have a great day/night!

Love you friends!💙