Chapter 11: Meetings

TW mentioned animal death/cruelty.
Please let me know if I missed any

Fluff. . . I think.

Techno

Tonight was off, so I did what any normal person would on a night off, and I took a walk.

Sleep is for nerds.

I have heard about District 8 of Snowchester, and how different it is, so I decided I would take an evening stroll there.

I asked Wilbur if he wanted to join me on my stroll, but he declined.

Hero's sleep schedule is screwed, so no way I'll sleep tonight.

For some reason, the only form of transportation into District 8 is the underground, or the subway, or whatever you call it.

The train, if you will.

Or, I mean, you could walk.

So I sat on the train.

With my social anxiety.

I got off, and realized there was an immediate difference.

Oh yeah, according to Wil's friend, what's her name?

Kitsune?

Anyway, according to her, florescent lights were banned from public places.

I still don't know why.

I quickly got out of the underground.

There were a good amount of people around, not a lot who milled about, but it certainly wasn't as desolate as Logstedshire.

There were less lights and large buildings, and more small houses, and trees.

The most prominent light source was the moon. Which was really interesting.

There were a few foxes here and there.

I even sat on a bench and waited for a sweet little black one to saunter up to me.

It jumped onto the bench, and stared at me with it's amber eyes.

When I say that fox looked at me, I mean it stared into my soul.

Then there was a high pitched whistle, and the fox lept off the bench and trotted away.

"Have you ever heard of the phrase, when in Rome, do as the Romans?" A voice said.

I looked over to see Moon, the famed vigilante of District 8, standing with the amber eyed fox at her feet.

"Yeah." I replied, wondering if it was Moon who whistled.

"Fix your walk, your asking to be mugged." She said before walking away, the amber eyed fox stared at me for another minute, before leaping away.

I sat there stunned for a moment. Then began watching other people walk.

She was right, I don't walk the same way.

Just like Wilbur doesn't walk the same way as anyone else in the hero tower.

The people here don't have the slouchy Las Nevadas walk, but they also don't have the upbeat yet cautious walk Tommy does.

The closest thing I can think of, is the way Wilbur walks. Overly cautious, always nervous sort of stride.

I began mimicking Wil, but adding a bit more confidence into my stride.

At some point the little amber eyed fox came trotting up beside me.