Chapter 17: Hospitals

TW hospitals, medical talk, mentioned burns,
Please let me know if I missed any

Techno

I carried the vigilante over to an ambulance, Wilbur did the same with Icarus.

Astro didn't look too burnt, even though it was scorching and Icarus and Joker were pretty badly burnt.

Joker, Slimecicle and Vespa went in one ambulance, Wilbur and Icarus went in another, and Phil, Astro and I went in a third.

It was a quiet ride, my eyes were fixed on the vigilante lying on the stretcher-like bed.

His breath was shallow, and slightly raspy from the smoke. He didn't look severely burnt, and my main worry was that he passed out from smoke inhalation.

The sound of sirens filled most of the silence. Phil and I sat in the ambulance as everyone there rushed around, doing various things.

Some people tended to a few burns that I must've gotten at some point but other than that, we got no attention.

It was nice.

We got to a hospital, and everything was a flurry of motion.

People were coming and going. Astro and Icarus were both taken in on stretchers.

Vespa stood by, still decked out in his vigilante gear.

His face is unreadable as he watches his teammates get rolled away.

Wil sidles up to him.

"Are you alright?" He asked the younger boy.

His eyes flickered with an emotion I couldn't quite place before he replied, "Yeah, it's certainly not the worst these two have gone through."

He said it in a level tone, but his voice wavered at the end.

He looked like he was about to cry again.

"I should probably make sure they don't f*ck anything up." He said, ducking into the hospital.

"I couldn't tell if he was joking or serious."

"He's probably serious." Wil said staring after the brunette.

Phil and I exchanged a worried glance, and then looked at Wilbur.

He just shrugged, and walked into the hospital with us following in a daze.

We all walked through the corridors, they weren't very clean, in fact, there were flies buzzing around, and stains on the floor.

Wilbur pushed open a door, and we saw the five vigilantes.

Astro was passed out on a cot.

Joker was sitting on a counter, having his burns be treated.

Slimecicle was talking in hushed tones to Joker.

Icarus was lying on a cot, fully awake.

And Vespa was yelling at a doctor.

"Just let us go home!" He shouted.

"I can not discharge either of them early unless a family member of legal age signs off on it." The doctor said patiently

Joker hopped off the counter, much to the nurse's protest, and walked over to Vespa. He put a hand on his shoulder, and muttered something into his ear.

He sighed, and sat on the floor with a look of defeat.

There weren't any chairs in the room.

Once the nurse was satisfied with the burns being treated, Joker and Slimecicle waltzed out of the hospital.

"These three are under our watch for legal purposes, and I would like to transfer them to District 1, Manburg." Phil announced.

___________________________

It's building up.

Slowly but surely.

RainbowGreen14 if you haven't seen it already, your questions have been answered.

Have a great day/night my friends! 💙