Chapter 16 ambulance

TW: burns, fire,panic attack, medical talk,
Please let me know if I missed any

Tubbo

I stared in horror as the roof collapsed with a sickening crack.

I stood there with Sparrow. Time seemed to slow as I watched and waited.

Then there was a blinding flash of purple, and five ash-covered people were in front of me.

The tallest figure swayed on their feet.

Heterochromatic eyes stared at the sky blankly.

Ranboo was being supported fully by Atlas, and Jubilee had an arm around Tommy's shoulders.

Joker's wings were singed, and his face was ash-covered, but other than that he seemed to be in one piece.

Slimecicle ran over to help his teammate, but Joker stopped him, and asked for something.

Slime ran off to get said item.

Joker limped over to me.

"I'm so sorry about Icarus and Astro, but I truly appreciate your guys' help."

I nodded, "Astro and Icarus knew the stakes, and were willing to pay the price, there is nothing to apologize for, they should be fine."

He nodded, and Slimecicle came back with a bucket.

He promptly dumped said bucket onto Joker, and I realized it was water.

I rushed over to my brothers, Ranboo was being carried bridal style by Atlas, and Tommy, by Jubilee.

"Where are you taking them?" I asked, panic seeping into my voice.

"The hospital," Jubilee replied evenly, "they are both hurt."

"You can't take them to the hospital!" I said, even more panicked.

"Vespa, please, we just want to make sure they're okay." Sparrow reasoned, his voice soft, and gentle.

"No! You could care less about our safety." I said, very aware of the tears streaming down my face.

"Vigilantes are the trash in the bottom of the trash can to you guys!" My vision blurred as tears ran down my face, people were watching, but at that moment, I didn't care.

"No one cares about us, or looks out for us," I said quietly. "The only thing we can rely on is each other."

I felt small and weak, powerless to stop the heros from taking my brothers.

I just didn't want my brothers to end up in the hospital.

What would they think if they woke up in a hospital?

What would the staff say about them?

What if they get a hold of their blood?

All of the noise, the sirens, the shouting, the crackling fire, all of it became blurred.

I was barely conscious of the wet tears streaming down my face.

It felt like smoke was all around me. I couldn't breath right, and it was all hot.

I gasped for air, desperate to clear the smoke from my lungs and the haze from my thoughts.

There were muffled shouts, but I heard nothing.

I was in a raging fire, the crackle of wood, and the crash as logs fell.

I felt a hand clamp firmly on my shoulder.

The person might have taken me somewhere, but I couldn't tell.

Then someone took my hand, and squeezed it gently.

They waited a moment, and squeezed it again.

I squeezed back, to show I acknowledged it.

I slowly regained my hearing.

"Ves, this is really unprofessional, so you have to calm down."

I blinked away tears, and a pale face with brown eyes looked back at me.

Or maybe it just looked pale because it was just covered with ash.

"Joker?" I said weakly.

"Yeah, that's me."

"Where are we?"

He pondered that for a moment.

"In an ambulance, but don't get all freak out again, let me explain."

"You're going to the hospital with your teammates!" Slimecicle said cheerfully.

Joker facepalmed, and I couldn't help but smile a bit.

The overwhelming positively of Slime, and the more grim, but still humorous Joker, make an amazing duo.

I would be the person to consent to every and anything that had to do with my brothers.

I composed myself, and brought myself back to who I needed to be in the moment, which was, a leader.

______________________

Good day

You like the chapter?

The questions have been answered in the questionnaire.

Have a great day/night my friends!💙