Acceptance (Chp.42)

Today is the day of the funeral.

A day Izuku wished never happened. But alas, life goes on.

He was still in the hospital, watching over and bonding with Eri. Said girl was concerned as to why her saviour looked sad today.

But she didn't want to pry.

Izuku was dressed in a tuxedo. He was waiting for Aizawa to bring him to the funeral.

A knock was heard on the door. Suspecting it was Aizawa, Izuku said "Come in"

The door opened and insteas of Aizawa, Agatha came in with some papers on hand.

"Hello there. I just came here to announce something." She said with excitement.

"And what might that be?" He questioned her with suspicion

She went over to Eri, put the papers on a desk nearby and said "I would like to introduce you to Eri Harkness."

"..." Eri blinks.

"...What?" Izuku asked. How did she adopt her so fast.

"Thats a secret." She read his mind.

Before Izuku could say something else, he got a phone call from Aizawa.

"Excuse me for a moment." He said as he answered.

After a few seconds, he hung up and told them "Aizawas here. He'll be driving me to the funeral."

"Thats right! Its today!" Agatha said.

Izuku nodded and left the room while waving goodbye at the both of them.

After he left, Eri asked "Why is he so sad?"

"Its a long story sweetie. Anyway, would you like to find some gifts for him?" Agatha refered to Izukus birthday.

It may have been a few days ago, but a gift is a gift, no matter when one gets it.

-

"Thanks for bringing me here." Izuku says as he opens the car door.

"Its nothing. Do you also need a ride back home?" Aizawa asked.

He stopped in his tracks and lookes at his teacher. "No need. I will go with my grandparents and live with them from now on."

Aizawa nodded. "Not to alarm you, but me and some other teachers are going to discuss your recent behaviour with you when school starts again."

He froze but nodded. "Have a nice day Mr.Aizawa."

He exited the car,closed the door and waved Aizawa goodbye as the teacher drove off.

Izuku looked at the temple. He took a deep and shaky breath and made his way inside.

-

When he opened the door, the first two people that he saw were his grandparents.

Billy and Teddy Maximoff.

They naturally looked distraught. No parent should ever outlive their child.

Billy and Teddy were trying tgeur hardest not to cry but failed and were comforted by Tommy

'Great-uncle Tommy.' Izuku thought. He hasn't seen Tommy for 3 years now.

Wiping away his own tear, he walked up to his grandparents, surprising them both at the speed, and gave them a tight hug.

They hugged back. "Its been awhile, little one." Teddy said.

"Y-Yeah. I-I just can't believe that she's gone." Izukus voice trembled.