04

chapter four

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

"i found him."

they all looked at haechan when he said that. the audition had finally ended and they were now cleaning the hall.

"who?" they all asked.

"zhong chenle," and he put the paper down where the records of chenle were.

"wait, he's the guy we met outside the room earlier." jaemin said.

"and he was the guy that yangyang was cheering out loudly, right?" jeno also spoke.

"duh, moral support as a friend." mark joined the conversation.

"maybe not just a friend," renjun suddenly said. "who knows." and he left.

all of them watched renjun leaving, a smell of jealousy roamed around the room. baekhyun let out a chuckle and broke the silence.

"you're right that he was really suitable for the position we're looking for," baekhyun said. "let's have a meeting with him tomorrow, you guys can go now."

they all now pack their things up, while jeno can't take his eyes off of jisung who seems quiet since earlier.

"are you bothered?" jeno suddenly asked.

"why would i?" the younger one answered.

"it was him," jeno said.

"he deserves it though," and he faced him. "he was talented."

"i know, what i mean is-"

"hyung," jisung cuts him off. "can we just stop talking about it?" he asked softly.

"i'm sorry." jeno said.

"it's okay," jisung said, wearing his bag. "anyone will also ask that."

the next day, chenle woke up because of the numerous notifications that almost became his alarm clock. he groaned and got his phone to check it.

notifications from his social media, multiple congratulations from his batchmates and his friends who are still spamming him in their group chat.

"what the fuck is happening?" he whispered and get up from his bed.

opening his twitter account, a post from their university page was the first thing he saw. a post that has a thousand likes, retweets and comments.

and what shocked him was that his face was there.

'after the many applicants who have joined the audition for the new vocalist of dream band. we are happy to announce the new member of the dream band. zhong chenle!'

his jaw was dropped, it even took him a couple of minutes to process what just happened. he didn't expect that this was the first thing he would see as soon as he woke up.

"i am not dreaming, right?" he whispered.

slapping his cheeks softly because he might just be dreaming, he held his squeal back and stood up on his bed, jumping on it as he celebrated.

he was happy, of course. being in a band was one of his dreams back then, he even imagined himself being a band vocalist before and his partner is jisung because jisung was a good rapper.