19

chapter nineteen

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

the prom has finally come, chenle just entered the hall and was greeted by a loud clap and cheers from the students. ningning was clinging to his arms, smiling genuinely.

"i was still curious how you also kept my relationship with jisung back then." chenle said as both of them sat on their reserved seats.

"i know how it feels," ningning said. "i was also hiding my relationship back then, well, until now i guess?" she chuckled.

"who's that girl, huh?" he asked, chuckling.

"aeri." she simply answered.

afterwards, chenle didn't take long to be with ningning since he needed to get ready as they were going to perform after a few minutes. he was now at the backstage, standing in front of jisung.

"you seem happy to be with her." jisung said calmly.

"hmm, yeah." he nodded. "we talk about some stuff." he smiled.

"then go back to her, it looks like you still want to be with her." and he looked away, a small pout showing on his face as he fixed his earpiece.

"ji?" chenle called, holding his smile back. "are you jealous?" he frowned.

"and so am i?" his eyebrow raised.

"and why would you?" his eyebrow also raised.

"she's your childhood crush."

"and i am yours."

chenle saw how jisung's ears suddenly heated up, looked away and bit his lower lip before leaving chenle behind and went closer to jeno. chenle couldn't help not to let out a chuckle as he wore his earpiece.

afterwards, they finally perform the music they prepared. all of them had fun because the students were also singing along. after that, the event continued and some of the students were already dancing in the middle.

chenle and ningning didn't really dance, besides that ningning has told them that her feet are kinda sore and she cannot be able to dance, she just really don't want to dance with him. just like chenle, her prom dance or romantic dance is also something important. it was reserved for someone.

"ji," chenle called as he leaned closer to him.

"i know what you're thinking," jisung said. "we will run in three, two..."

"that fast—"

"run!" chenle was cut off when jisung suddenly ran while pulling him, he even almost stumbled but luckily he managed himself.

"what the fuck, ji?! people thought we're running into something!" he hissed as he held both of his knees, panting.

"it was fun though." he giggled.

"you're not mad anymore?" chenle asked as he stood up.

"when did i get mad at you though?" jisung asked curiously. "i was just jealous because she was your childhood crush."

"there's nothing to be jealous of, it was already the past. besides that, she has a girlfriend." chenle said calmly.

"i'm just worried, bub..." he whispered. "we don't have a label, i just can't help not to be jealous."