16

chapter sixteen

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

hearing what jisung's reason, chenle also cried harder. he knew that jisung has really a reason why he did all of that in a sudden. he even wants to hit him now for being selfish but this is not the right time for that.

"the night i broke up with you," he continued. "is also the night i failed to hear grandpa's goodbye, i just found him in his bed... lifeless..."

a warm hug was wrapped around jisung, making the younger one cry harder and buried his face at chenle's shoulder.

he misses this.

he misses chenle's embrace whenever he's hurt.

"bub, it's still hurt..." his voice cracked again.

"let it out, bub. it's okay." chenle said softly.

jisung's grandpa is the reason why the two met, he was also a huge shipper on the both of them. he spoiled them. he treat chenle as his grandson too.

there's a time where chenle helped jisung's grandfather at the supermarket, he couldn't clearly read the canned food he was holding and chenle saw him struggling with it so he helped him. which is also the time that jisung arrived, having their push cart with him.

jisung's grandfather introduce them to each other that time and surprisingly, grandpa knows chenle's family. after that night, a lot of coincidence has happened which made the two more closer.

and it's hurtful for chenle to find out that he died two years ago, the same day that he and jisung have broken up.

"bub..." he called softly when he finally stopped from crying.

"don't call me bub, we haven't gotten back together yet." chenle said calmly.

"i'm sorry..." jisung whispered. he's sorry not because he called chenle 'bub', but because of everything he has done.

"you're stupid." chenle said.

"i know you will say this..." jisung said and let out a chuckle, but he pouted when chenle softly hit his back.

"you should have told me! do you think i would not understand that?!" he hissed.

"bub, you're so loud." he pouted.

"i don't care!" he shouted again. "i'm still annoyed!"

"but you're still hugging me." he giggled and hugged him tighter.

"ji, i can't breath!" he hissed, hitting jisung's shoulder.

jisung let go from the hug and stared at chenle who's now fixing his clothes, a smile showed on his face and held chenle's cheeks.

"thank you for giving me a second chance, bub." and he leaned closer, giving him a forehead kiss.

"don't leave me again, ji... please..." the older one whispered.

"i won't, bub." he whispered.

chenle let out a pout and hugged him back, he really missed this. he missed jisung's hug, he missed being in his embrace.

"by the way, bub. your parents knew everything."

"they what?!"

inside the room, the two are peacefully cuddling while talking about those things they did after they broke up. chenle also said how he met his friends, how his life went. as well as jisung, he tells his band career and how he handles his studies together with it.