05

chapter five

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

"chenle," haechan called.

he hummed.

he can't speak because his mouth was full of ice cream that he's currently eating. it was the dessert they bought for them after eating their meal.

the lunch was near to end and even though they already told him that they can excuse him to his class, chenle chose not to. he has a quiz right now and he reviewed for it yesterday. he don't want to waste his effort.

"is it true that mr. qian is your brother?" he asked softly, making sure it was calm and it did not sound arrogant.

"half-brother actually." he smiled.

chenle's father is actually his mother's second husband. his mother has a son from her first husband and that's kun. at the early age of kun, his father died which left him and his mother alone.

as the time passed by, his mother met chenle's father. they fell in love with each other, of course. and the result of their love is chenle. they got married afterwards and kun didn't mind at all, he witnessed his mother being so much happy and he was happy too. their family is actually perfect, the new husband of kun's mother treats him like he was his own son.

and kun treats chenle as his baby brother even though they were not full blood siblings. and chenle treats kun as his big brother and he was thankful to have a brother like him.

"chenle," haechan called him again.

"i was the one who got bothered every time you called chenle, you already did it many times, haechan." mark said.

"bother my ass." haechan said and stuck his tongue out.

chenle let out a chuckle, he really shipped these two because they looked good together. but the only problem is they are always arguing.

"by the way, le." haechan called him again. "have you already been in a relationship?" he asked.

"hmm, why?" he asked softly, finishing the tub of ice cream he was eating.

"well, we have someone here that is ready to mingle." haechan said as his eyes shifted to jisung who was peacefully playing on his phone.

which suddenly made chenle choked, mark immediately handed him a water which chenle also got and drank it.

"oh, god. i'm sorry, i didn't mean to." haechan said worriedly.

"why did you even ask that anyway?" mark hissed.

"it was supposed to be a joke and i just want to tease ji!" haechan whined.

"i'm sorry, le." mark also apologized. "haechan is really a pain in the ass."

"nah, it's fine." chenle said and let out a chuckle. "i just really eat too much ice cream to the point my mouth cannot take it." he smiled.

"i'm sorry again, chenle. i really am." haechan pouted.

chenle just smiled and said it was really fine. while recovering after being choked — wait, that does not sound right. after the incident minutes ago, chenle's eyes suddenly landed on jisung, who is still being unbothered.