23

chapter twenty-three

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

"i love you, bub. goodnight!" chenle said as he waved through the camera and ended the call.

his son just called him using kun's number and phone, sungni is going to sleep already and just like what chenle told him. he called his dada before he slept.

"oh, fuc—"

chenle suddenly covered his mouth when he surprisingly squealed because he just hit someone's chest. he was about to go back inside but unfortunately, he hit someone.

and it was jisung.

the younger one just stepped back, taking a bow which chenle also did and left, carrying the garbage bag with him. chenle just watched him leave before going back inside.

"marco, this is your uncle chenle." haechan said as he introduced the chinese male to his son.

"hi, marco." chenle waved at him. "remember the kid named sungni? i want to apologized because of what he did yesterday." he pouted.

"who's that, le?" haechan asked, frowning.

"just a cute, smart and adorable kid." chenle said, smiling.

"where... is he?" the kid suddenly spoke.

"just somewhere," chenle said.

"i want to say sorry... i made him cry..." and he looked down.

"marco, baby. you hurt someone?" haechan asked softly as he kneeled down, facing his son.

"i'm not, dada. i just looked at him... and he started to cry." marco said, pouting.

marco has a cute voice, the more his dada talks and the more loudly his dad laughs. the more that marco became quiet.

"he just easily cried, hon. don't worry." chenle said.

the kid smiled at him and went to his daddy, haechan stood up again and faced chenle.

"le, do you already have a family?"

the question suddenly made chenle's smile slowly disappeared, he looked at haechan who was now staring at him. waiting for his answer.

"let's eat!" renjun shouted.

"let's go, hyung?" chenle smiled as he pulled haechan with him.

the dinner also started afterwards. chenle really enjoyed the food. besides that he hasn't eaten yet, the food is really delicious.

"you didn’t pursue medicine, right?" mark asked.

"yeah," chenle nodded. "i am currently taking care of our company now," he smiled.

"how's your life now? we already asked renjun and it's your turn now." mark said, chuckling.

"well, besides that i became busy in my company..."

chenle suddenly didn’t know what to say when his son suddenly came to his mind, suddenly having second thoughts if he would say it or not.

"le?" mark called.

"oh, i'm sorry." he apologized as he went back to his senses. "so, as i was saying. i went back to my hometown and took care of our business there. after a couple of years, i finally decided to live here again." he smiled.