25

chapter twenty-five

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

"row, row, row your boat! gently down the stream!"

the two sang as they were inside the elevator, they just went home and it was already late but sungni was still awake. he was still energetic, that's why he even sang his favorite song together with his dada.

they got home late because chenle still needed to explain everything to them, he told them that he lived in china for almost five years and gave birth to sungni there. chenle almost tells them everything and luckily, they didn't ask too much about sungni's other father as they notice chenle can't answer the question yet.

"dada, my chicken fell!"

chenle immediately looked back and there he saw that sungni's chicken plushie really fell, he was about to get it when someone suddenly got it.

"uncle ji?"

"hi, baby." the tall one greeted and walked towards them.

"waah, uncle ji! we met again!" sungni said happily, giggling.

"is this yours?" and he raised the chicken plushie.

"yes!" the kid said, nodding as he raised both of his hands to get it.

"here," and he smiled.

chenle just watched jisung's action, chenle can also tell that sungni is already comfortable with this tall guy in front of them. the kid is so happy as heck.

but the chinese male came back to his senses when jisung suddenly grabbed the paper bags from him since he was holding a lot, chenle couldn't even form any words and looked at jisung.

"where's your unit?" he just asked calmly.

"room one, two, seven, uncle ji!" sungni spoke instead, he even said the numbers slowly and made sure he would say it clearly.

jisung smiled at the kid and led the way, chenle didn't speak and just followed him. still speechless. as soon as they arrived in front of their unit, chenle put the kid down as well as jisung who carefully put the paper bags down.

"is that your house, uncle ji?"

chenle stopped from looking at his keys when he heard his son speak, he looked at his son before jisung who just opened his door. looks like it was his condo unit which is literally next to chenle's.

"yeah, you want to see inside?" jisung suddenly asked.

"it's already late, ji. i'm sorry—"

"dada..." the kid whined, pulling his t-shirt down and pouting. showing his puppy eyes to his dada.

"uncle ji is tired, baby." chenle said softly as he crouched down to level his son.

"i'm not," jisung suddenly said. "if i am, i would not ask him to come inside." he said softly.

"is it really okay?" chenle stood up again.

"yeah," he nodded. "i live alone, don't worry. we won't disturb anyone." and he smiled a bit.

chenle let out a sigh and nodded, which made the kid squeal and run towards jisung who's now smiling widely and open the door for the kid.