First encounter: Raphael Hamato

Y/N POV

You finally started your first day of school after hanging out with your new friend April all weekend. You arrive at school arm and arm with her, looking up at the school with many mixed emotions.

"Y/N~" April says in a sing song voice as you had sort of zoned out. She released your arm and got in front of you a playful smirk gracing her lips. "You know the other kids here can smell fear right?~ " she teased holding her hands up and wriggling her fingers at you.  This makes you laugh instantly.

"Oh god April stop it." You laugh with her and continue your walk into the building. You were met by the principal who welcomed you to the new school and of course they had a long speech prepared for you, about the schools rich history, success's in sports and academics and so on.

April stayed by your side through the whole thing. She made faces, pretending to be asleep, and gagging at the long winded speech. When they reach the office the principal reveals that April would be the one to show you around, get you to your classes. "Wow that's amazing, thank you." You say to the principal

"Now, here is your schedule for the remainder of the semester for you Y/N," they hand you a paper print out schedule "and for April," he pulls out a small pass "this will excuse your tardiness to any classes, you're to walk Y/N to her classes for today." April smiles and nods "will do!" She replied.

"Now, off you go!" They say as they go deeper into their office to sit at their desk. The bell rings and you look at your schedule with April. "Alright so let's stop by your new locker and then, you've got English!" She drags you off by the hand and you willfully follow.

This was basically your entire day, being dragged around by April O Neil. She showed you to every single classroom and of course sat with you at lunch. She pointed out some of the by her words "undesirable " groups. You sigh "every schools gotta have those clicks huh?" You roll your eyes and take a bite of a less than desirable sandwich.

April giggled at your snarky comment and nods in agreement. You chat for a while whilst you eat and come across the topic of friends.

"I've got a few from my old school across the city," you say gently "I only got a few because I choose quality over quantity every time." You finish the sentence proudly. Once again April giggles.

"So you've got high standards huh?" She says raising a brow and smirking at you.

"I sure do, you April O' Neil, should feel honored." You say in a playful and sarcastic manner. "So what about you? You've gotta have some good friends yourself right?" You ask her.

For the rest of lunch she describes her friends, she referred to them As a found family. There were four brothers and their father. She explains how they hang out, watch Lou Jitsu and Jupiter Jim movies, go out to the occasional theme park or pizza place.

As the bell rings you smile and tell her "they sound like a blast, you'll have to introduce me to them one day." You put your backpack over your shoulder.

"Yeah, I think I could arrange that some time," she smiles at you "now come on, let's get you to your next class." And you walk off with April, continuing an average school day.

After a long first day at school and the expedition home you walk into the apartment building with your friend. When you take out your keys April notices your keychain.

"Girl is that a turtle? It's so cute." She says with a smile. You smile and caress it gently "yeah, my mom used to work with turtles, kinda passed her love of them onto me." You become a bit misty eyes thinking about your mom, how much she loved her job.