Chapter 3: Leonardo

Y/N POV

A week passed by since you saw "Neon." You doubted that was his real name but found it,... charming. Sure he was a great mascot, funny, charming, suave, but he was also a complete idiot! If something had happened? If anyone else had seen him without the costume it woulda been mass panic!

These were your thoughts as you ate some mashed potatoes (or something that looked like them) at lunch. You were pulled out of these deep thoughts by your friend April.

"Hey Y/N?" She waved her hand in front of your dazed face.

"Huh? Wh-what is it?" You ask as you snap out of it, shaking your head a little before looking over at a concerned April O'Neil.

"Yo, are you good? You've been gettin lost in thought ever since the first football game." She says. April was not much of a sport lover so she did not attend the game but everyone was talking about what happened.

"Oh hah yea I'm fine April,.... Just lots on my plate." You reply. You see the full time cheer mascot Tim walking by with his lunch tray, mumbling about how stupid all the gossip was.

Out of absolutely nowhere a random student comes up and taps your shoulder. You turn, it's a girl with her phone up, possibly recording? "Uhh can I help you?" You ask as you raise a brow.

"I sure hope so! I'm Melanie and I am in charge of the school vlogg!" She says a bit too excitedly "word on the street is that you know the mystery mascot! Is it true?" The phone is in your face and you lean back blushing a bit now.

"No no I do not know them, they were a stranger." You say pushing the phone back.

"Is that so?" Melanie pulls her phone back, scrolls through until she finds what she wants and the screen is back in your face. "Then what's all this about hmmm?~" she crooned

There was more than one picture, you hugging the mascot after victory and your interaction as he tried to leave. Both you and April were speechless.

"I-I tried to get his number that's all." You say "I don't know who he is though." The hair on the back of your neck stands up as you now notice everyone was looking at you. You freeze in fear, this kind of pressure was not pleasant.

April saves you, grabbing your wrist and booking it out of the lunch room and straight out of school. The two of you were running for about a block before you stopped. You panted heavily after turning a street corner, both of you had your hands on your knees.

"Your a life saver O'Neil." You say and she shoots finger guns at you while clicking her tongue. The two of you catch your breath. April puts her hands in her jacket pockets.

"So you know this guy right?" She asks you straight. Her forward approach shocked you and you step back.

"Oh April not you to?" You whine ready to book it again. This made her chuckle warmly "come on, I'm your friend, just your body language gave me the answer but I wanted you to tell me." She huffs "so, who is this mystery mascot." She asks

"Well like I said I don't really know." You rub the back of your head as you look at the pavement. "But we've met a couple times I just don't know his name." You say looking back at April, who was now smirking.

"Oh honey you got it bad~" she purred teasingly at you before walking past you

"Uh excuse me? I have what?" You follow her

"You know, the L- word." She replied

"L- word? Uhhh you talking vocabulary? Like the word of the week? I think it's liable." You respond after thinking about it.