Chapter 3: Michaelangelo

Y/N POV

That night you couldn't sleep, your body was just running on adrenaline. You grab your sketch pad and your pencil and sit on the bed. Your back is supported by the wall and you pull your knees up, using your thighs as an easel for your drawing pad.

You find that blank page and start a new sketch. You really took your time, sketching Mikey once again. You smile humming as you draw him.

After hours of following your drawing process, rough sketch, clean up, and you went with pencil shading for now. You could do a drawing with color another time. You admire your late night work and yawn. It was a few hours to sunrise now and the adrenaline had faded from your system.

You carefully close your notepad and place it on your bedside table with your phone. You snuggle down into the covers and fall asleep after a moment or two. Your energy had been completely depleted and it was time to recharge.

Saturday you wake somewhere around noon. You groan, sit up, your hair a mess. You follow a morning routine, getting up picking a comfy outfit and then showering. After you cleaned up you get in those comfy yoga pants and an oversized orange sweater.

You grab something to eat from the kitchen and plop your butt on the couch to watch the news while you ate. Not much out of the ordinary, but there was talk of hero's/vigilante's running around the city at night. You chuckle now knowing it was most likely Mikey and the others that he was with the night before.

As you finished your breakfast and wash your dishes you notice that your trash can was quite full. You sigh and grab the bag, tie it up and carry it to the door. You slip on your shoes and head out to the dumpster, of course you locked your apartment behind you and you had your phone, this is New York! You can never be too careful.

You make your way to the alley where the dumpster was. You inhale deeply before entering the alleyway and hold your breath as you enter. Swiftly, you lift the lid, toss in the bag and book it away. At the end of the alley you gasp for the better smelling air.

When you turn to walk back into the building you see April walking out of the building and heading in the opposite direction. You smirk, knowing that lately she had been looking for a job. If she was headed to a new work place maybe you could surprise her by showing up.

With a giggle you start following your curly haired compatriot at a safe distance. You were pretty good at keeping out of sight and we're excited until she turned into a random alley. You rush to the side of the building and peak around the building to see April struggling to move a manhole cover aside.

"What the...?" You whisper to yourself as you watch her go in and recover the manhole after. Very cautiously you approach, you look around and then you squat, gripping that manhole cover and lifting with your knees to move it.

With curiosity overflowing inside your head you head down with your phone flashlight ready to go. You replace the cover  and go down a surprisingly long ladder. You reach the bottom and take a look around, you had no clue which way April had gone but your instincts tell you to go right.

You walk along the sides of the tunnel looking around. There was lots of moss, and of course a rat here and there. You walked for quite a while before you hear something, a hissing sound. Every so often you would hear rattling to, you put it together that someone was down here spray painting!

You see soft light coming from a opening on the left and turn off your phone light. You step lightly and carefully, getting closer and closer to the light. When you peak in you see someone very familiar, Mikey.

He was spray painting a mural on the wall. You watch him work for a moment, he was so cute, his tongue sticking out to one side of his mouth, eyes glittering with passion.