Chapter 6: Raphael

Y/N pov

Ever since the trip to the aquarium you couldn't avoid thinking about what April had said, about you having a crush on Raphael. She hit the mail right on the head! Of course you were crushing on him! How could you not?! He was sweet, a true gentleman who could handle himself in a brawl. Too top it all off he was a handsome human turtle mutant.

You were starting to get a little awkward around him and you knew that if it went on any longer the guys would suspect something. You had decided that you needed to tell Raph how you felt and ask him on a date. But what should you ask him to do? You'd already taken him to the aquarium and the museum didn't really scream Raph.

You pace your bedroom, thinking on what kind of date would be fun for you and Raphael. You could bring him over to your place, chill out, watch a movie? A viable option seeing as it was getting colder outside. Or maybe go get something sweet down at the pier, perhaps visit Albearto land? Hmmmmm, no, perhaps not, again it was getting too cold, especially by the ocean. Or you knew Raph loved wrestling, maybe you could procure tickets to a match? That could be the one, but you werent sure.

"Grrrrrraaaah!" You groan in frustration trying to figure out what to do. You pace your bedroom floor as you consider your options. It would be the first date, you wanted it to be perfect, for you and Raph to bond and have fun. You start chewing on your thumb nail as your thoughts swirl around, trying to settle. After a good hour or so of talking yourself through each and every date idea you had, you finally choose.

Whilst scrolling through your phone on social media you found the perfect thing! A movie theatre nearby was going to be showing the movie; Rocky. It was a movie you watched with your father about as often as Lou Jitsu movies. Sure it was about boxing but you were certain that Raphael would love it.

"Now all I have to do,.. is ask the guy I like out,.. on a date." You plop down on your bed putting your phone aside to pick up your turtle plushie. You hold it out in front of you and ask.

"How do I do this little guy? I want too but I'm so nervous and I don't want to embarrass Raph." You tell the plush, before sighing and hugging it tight. You lay down, just thinking more about how you would ask Raph to join you to see this movie and eventually you fall asleep.

The next day you keep your plan to yourself, not wanting April to overreact or even tell the boys about it. School was lack luster as usual but you made it through. When it ended you head straight to the lair to join the guys for some training.

You enter the lair and go meet the guys and Splinter in the dojo. Splinter already had the boys hard at work running drills. "Good afternoon Sensei." You say with a smile, bowing to Splinter to show respect.

"Welcome Y/N, please, join the boys, training has just begun." He replied and you join the four turtle brothers in their training exercises. After getting nice and warmed up you got to spar with the guys. By now you knew how each brother moved and they were sometimes predictable.

Donnie was the easiest by far to take out, he was still really reliant on his tech, hand to hand was not his thing. Leo and Mikey were harder to beat, more flexible than Donatello, talented fighters both with and without weaponry. Though if you had too choose, Mikey was harder for you to fight, his movement was sparratic and he was not as easily goaded as Leo. The hardest to fight was Raph, he was bigger, stronger and if he landed a hit on you it hurt bad.

Splinter had been training you on how to use opponents weight against them. And during this very match you manage to use Raphael's own momentum to flip him over yourself. Everyone was in awe as Raph landed on his shell and you stood over him.

Silence took the dojo for a moment before you put both fists in the air "Woo!!" You cheer, excited but very tired.

"Well done Y/N, that was perfectly executed." He looks at Leo, Mikey and Donnie "I hope you three took notes." He says as he chuckles softly. "That will be enough for today, I need to get snacks before my show." And he leaves.