Chapter 2: Raphael

Author note: did I originally say there wouldn't be a Raph POV? Welll I didn't mean it! So I added a little one in there for your personal enjoyment!

                                   Y/N POV
You shift and groan as you hear your set alarm blaring.

"Ughhhh." You moan as you lazily raise your hand and slap it on top of your phone, dragging it into your bed and open your eyes slowly. The phone screen comes into focus and you press the button to turn the alarm off. Your brain slowly starts operating and you shoot into a sitting position.

You were hugging your turtle plushie in one arm as your comforter falls off of you. And you look down, you're in your workout cloths. Your brain floods with the memories from your exciting run yesterday. 

"Last I remember I got knocked out by that big guy I saw." You say squeezing your stuffed toy tighter. "How did I get home?" You wonder aloud as you get up. As you think on it you make your bed and get ready for a shower prior to your second day of school.

After showering, dressing, eating a quick breakfast and grabbing your backpack you leave your apartment ready to face the day. As you lock your door April O'Neil exits her own apartment.

"Well good morning Y/N!" She says happily "Did you sleep alright after your first day at school?"

"Yeah I sure did." You say before lightly chuckling. There was no way you could tell her about yesterday, anyone who didn't see it would think she was nuts.

You both walk to school together, making simple chit chat. She guides you to your first class just like the day before. You thank her and get your school day going.

Thankfully you do not experience any more strange encounters. Your school day was completely normal and just what you needed after everything that had gone on in the past couple of months.

That normal day leads to more days, morphing into weeks and months. You hadn't run into that large stranger again in this time, and that kind of made you sad. You were so curious about him and wanted to know more.

On your weekends you often visited wither the museum or the aquarium. Today you opted to visit the aquarium. You always got in for free thanks to having spent so much time there as a child. You walk through the exhibits and smile seeing the beautiful fish and other aquatic life there.

You make your way area where all the turtles were, where your mom once worked. You first stop by a large salt water tank, full of beautiful fish, corals and of course majestic sea turtles. 

You approach the glass and the three turtles you had known all your life, Poseidon, Neptune and Mercury swim over. They were always excited to see you. You giggle happily, as if upon seeing them you become a child.

They gently swim through the water showing off grace and beauty. The fish dart about out of the way of the larger sea turtles.

"Well if it isn't Y/N," one of the Aquarium staff says as they spot you in-front of the tank. This was Cole who had taken over your mothers position after the accident. He was a tall lanky looking man with shaggy dirty blonde hair, soft tan skin, freckles across his cheeks and bright blue eyes.

"Hi Cole." You greet him with a smile as he approaches.

"It's time for a snack, wanna come to the top of the tank and help out?" He offers, knowing there was no way you would refuse. Your smile softens and you nod. You follow Cole to a staff only area and climb up some metal stairs to the top of the tank.

The sea turtles come up to greet you, their eyes almost sparkling with excitement, knowing treats were coming. Cole brings over a bucket of snacks for the turtles and hands you a pair of gloves. This was a precaution everyone took when interacting with the wildlife there, to prevent harming them.