Chapter 2: Donatello

Y/N POV
You start coming to consciousness, groaning as your blaring alarm becomes clearer and clearer. You grab your phone purely by instinct and turn it off, after doing so you rub your eyes and realize something,....

"Wait,..." your vision focuses, you blink and whip your head around "I'm in my room?!" You shout loudly. Not only that but it was morning and you had school.

"But I got knocked out last night, by that little drone on the roof."You talk to yourself as you walk to the bathroom. "How on earth did I get back to the apartment?" You turn your back to the mirror and lift your shirt up. Surely enough there were scrapes covering your back, nothing serious but still.

"Ugh and it's bruised to, this is going to suck." You mutter. You start up a shower and very carefully wash up. The soap stings your mild flesh wounds and while washing your hair,

"Ouch!"

You find a sensitive bump on the back of your poor cranium.

You finish your shower and carefully go about drying off, fixing your hair and brushing your teeth. You pop a bagel in the toaster and get dressed.

Having no time to loose you grab your back pack, phone keys and a hurriedly creme cheesed bagel before getting out the door. Of course your new friend was there to greet you.

"Hey April." You say as you lock your door behind you.

"Heyyy uh,.. you." She says awkwardly

You raise a brow "April what's wrong?" You could see that something was clearly on her mind, her body language said it all. You move closer to her "come on April, what is up?" You say pointedly and with purpose.

"Wellllll..." and she proceeds to tell you about last night, how her friend Donatello was the owner of the drone that you saved. You were flabbergasted but that was not all. As you walk to school she tells you the rest.

"So his drone sent out a distress signal,.. thingy," she used her hands to gesture a lot when she spoke, especially about things she didn't quite understand. "And he came over to help, he kinda,..." she looked away and said "hecarriedyoutoyourapartment."

Your jaw falls wiiiiiide open, your first interaction with a boy, your age, in months and his drone knocked you out cold?! Your face heats up and turns red "Aaaaapriiillll!" You grasp her shoulders and shake her causing her glasses to shift around.

She laughed as you shook her and that stops you, she fixes her glasses.

"April it isn't funny!" You whine cutely "that was totally embarrassing!" You shout

April giggled "you saved his drone he was," she paused to pick the right word "appreciative." She says with a smile. "For doing that he owed you, and I sure as heck couldn't carry you." She says walking along side you again.

"I haven't even met this,.. Donatello and now I will never be able to face him!" You squeak, putting your still red face in your hands. Not knowing that Donatello was closer to you than you ever thought.

Your school day was amazingly average which you greatly appreciated. Normalcy was something you desperately needed after all you had been through. You continue your normal days, and soon those days become weeks and months. You and April were close as sisters and did lots together but there were many days, mostly evening she would go out someplace.