Chapter 10: Michelangelo

Y/N (Kitsune) POV

Since the first time you had encountered Mikey and his siblings you would often end up chatting about them with Milo during training. As the blades of your gifted mystic sycles clash against Milo's demon blade you would ask one another silly questions. For example, today's topic;

"Do you think I could take baby blue in a fight?" Milo asked nonchalauntly

You laugh. "Oh no doubt about it." You say between strikes "But you don't wanna take him in a fight do ya Milo~ You'd rather take baby blue on a date wouldn't you~" You croon, intending to tease and fluster your friend.

It worked! You see his cheeks turn pink and his tail puff up.

"Got cha'!" You pin Milo to the floor tails wagging behind you. "Smoochy smoochy someone's in loooove~" you continue to tease as milo shoves you off.

You both laugh and sit up beside one another. Milo sighs, his right ear twitching softly. "Maybe you're right, but that would be,... bad." he let out a heavy sigh.

You cock your head to the side like a puppy. "Huh? What do you mean bad?" you inquire

"Conflict of interest my dear pupil." He says as he set his blade aside and crossed his legs. "Leo is the enemy of my current employer, who wants him dead. See the problem?" he looks at you only to be met with glittering eyes.

"So it's forbidden love huh? how exciting." you mutter and he pushes your face away as he chuckled.

"Oh hush up you idiot." he said as if speaking to a younger sibling. Then he got quiet, his eyes more serious and focused searching the training room for a moment.

"Milo?" you become slightly conserned for your friend.

"Just making sure those tattle tails aren't here." he said in a hushed voice, clearly referring to Mugin and Nunin. "Listen Kit, we've been trainin and getting to know one another and I think something is up." he says carefully.

"What do you mean?" you ask

"You, Kit!" he points right at you. "Kit you couldn't control your own four tails, you knew nothing of your own species before you met me isnt that right? Not to mention you can't remember a thing before you met the Baron, that is not normal." he insisted.

You blankly stare back at him, you try to remember before but you just couldn't do it. You must have looked scared because you're snapped out of it by Milo's hand gently resting on your shoulder. He smiles at you.

"Hey, don't worry, I'm here to help you. I have a pretty good idea of why you can't remember things and I am going to teach you how to break down the wall thats keeping you from your memories."

You were surprised but greatful. "Okay so you're gonna teach me some mystic mind trick?"

Milo shakes his head. "Nah, I'm going to teach you how to absorb natural mystic energy." he says

"huh? What good will that do?" you continue asking questions.

"Your problem isn't within yourself Kit, its literally around your neck." He pokes the collar. "I did some research and I think this particular model is used to bind a master and servent together, Draxum has bound you to him, and the only way to break it is to become more powerful than he is." They explain.

"W-wait youre saying that,.." your hand now rubs the collar you had around your neck. More often than not you forgot about it, it had become a natural feeling to have it by now. "Baron Draxum is keeping me here against my will?"

Milo simply nods. "So, once you've mastered this, you'll be able to stockpile mystic energy. once you have enough that thing will unlock and you'll be free of him." he explained.