Chapter 2: Michaelangelo

Y/N POV

The morning after your encounter with a turtle boy on the roof of your new apartment seemed to come all too quickly. An alarm you set to wake you every school day rouses you. It was a gentle tune but loud enough.

Your brain wakes and you stretch your body, feeling in your limbs a release, shaking off the sleep. You roll over and turn off your alarm before lazily getting out of bed.

"First things first, time to get dressed." You tell yourself. You wander over to your dresser and rummage through each drawer to find something to wear. You end up in a yellow t shirt and a pair of jeans and to bring it all together a front zip hoody, with a box turtle shell depicted on the back. It was an exclusive item your mother had brought home for you one day a few years ago and you loved it more than anything in the world, especially now.

You move on with prepping some breakfast for yourself and follow that up with washing bf your face, brushing your teeth and fixing your hair. You finish with a little makeup, a spf moisturizer light tinted bb creme and a bit of mascara. You take a look in the mirror, smile and nod "Perfect." You tell yourself confidently.

You head to your front door and grab your book bag, checking that you had everything. Being a careful person you check twice, keys, phone, wallet, books and notepads for each class, yep you had everything. You take a breath and step out your door to find April waiting for you.

"Took you long enough." She says with a playful smirk, her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"I gotta make sure I have everything April, but I'm sorry to have kept you waiting." You reply as you lock your door.

The two of you walk to school, she did ask you if you heard anything odd last night, but you claim you didn't hear a thing.

'What would she think if I told her I was on the roof and I was tackled by a cute orange bandana turtle boy?' In this moment you kinda zone out and your thoughts fill with him, this mystery guy who possibly saved your life.

"Uhmmmm Y/N?" April snaps her fingers next to your ear. You snap out of your thought trance and go "huh? Wha..?" Before starting to blush from embarrassment.

"You okay? You were really zoned out there." April said, her expression showing concern for you. You wave her off.

"Oh yeah, pshh I'm fine." You laugh awkwardly "so fine." You added before zipping your lips shut

April raised an eyebrow at this odd behavior. "Well let's focus and get to class, don't want to be late on your second day right?" She says

"Yeah, right." You reply and she helps guide you to your locker and then to your first class before leaving you, telling you that you'd see her again at lunch.

Your morning classes go without a hitch, you were already starting to settle here. During class you would sometimes doodle in the margin of your notebook though. Your subconscious mind still stuck on that turtle boy, his bright eyes, adorable smile, you even remembered that he had a gap between his teeth on the right side. 

Besides having him on your mind you had a normal day. It was so refreshing to have a routine and be around people your age again. Normal was just what you needed right now.

So for the next couple of months you enjoy your normal days. Every once and a while you would go draw on the rooftop, hoping you could see that boy again. Alas your paths didn't cross while you were on that roof.

One Saturday evening you decide to go to a nearby park to sketch and relax. You park your butt on a free bench and pull out a pencil and your sketch book from your bag. You turn to a blank page and take a moment to look at your surroundings. You see a mother duck leading her little ones into the pond and an elderly couple tossing some crumbs in the water for them.