Chapter 8: Donatello

Y/N POV

The New Year had come and gone, over the last month you had spent time in school, training and hanging out with Donatello. For the most part you two spent together in the lab, you would assist him in creating tech, or upgrading your naginata or his Bo staff. Sometimes you could get him out of the lab to go out with you. He was a bit more relaxed when it was just the two of you, especially when you were in your apartment. He would take off all his gear, minus his gauntlet and you two would play video games or watch movies together. 

There was the first time he caught you dancing. You were cleaning up your apartment and listening to music, one of your favorite classic songs was playing through your phone speakers. You were in a comfy pair of grey sweatpants, your hair haphazardly pulled away from your face. Currently you were singing along to the catchy tune and dancing around with the broom as you swept the floor. You had no clue Donnie was there until he was taking the broom away from you.

"I assure you I am a much better dancer." He says in a way that brought the honey glow to your cheeks. He smiled and laughed lightly leading you in a dance. You start laughing, following Donatello's lead. Neither of you were completely graceful, but this was fun!

When the song was over you were both panting. "Well I should have known you'd be a good dancer Don." you comment

"Dear they don't call me booty shaker for nothin." he says with a proud smirk. You just shook your head and laughed once more. Just another something you and Donnie liked to do together, dance and sing to your favorite songs.

On occassion Donnie would simply appear at your window, looking completely exhausted. You would simply let him in, and his gear would shed off if he had any on him. The two of you would relax on the couch watching animal planted or science channels, it would put your darling purple turtle right to sleep. He was becoming more and more open with you, allowing you to iniciate hand holding, even cuddling! You were very proud of him for this.

Even with your relationship growing the two of you would argue every once and a while. Donatello had strong unyeilding logic that made him think the worst almost constantly now! He was very, very (that's two very's) protective of you. Sure it was flattering but it was also a bit agrivating he knew full well that you could handle yourself!

"Y/N I am telling you this mission will be too dangerous!" Donatello raised his normaly level voice.

"And I am telling you that I can handle it Donatello!" You shout back "I have been training with you and your brothers for over half a year, fought more than a handful of mutants by your side and even before I met you I was trained in martial arts!"

Donnie growled in frustration. "Y/N a few months of training with us is not the same as 16 years of intense training!"

You cross your arms over your chest and huff "Well at least I can stand toe to toe with Leonardo unlike someone who constantly relys on his tech."

You walk by Donatello, out of the lair. "I'm going home then, I can't deal with this right now." Your eyes were misty with tears you hear Donnie shouting back.

"Good! Go home then!"

You look over your shoulder to see him, shoulders slumped, left hand on his right bicep slowly walking back to his lab. You left, making your way to the surface, wiping tears from your cheeks and you head out of the alley into the city streets. You hear something coming from one of the parks and decide to go anc check it out. You use your training in ninja stealth to stay hidden in the shadows of trees and bushes. You find Draxum scanning a statue, looking for parts of the mystic armor no doubt.