Chapter 8: Michelangelo

Y/N POV

A new year had finally begun and it felt so refreshing yet at the same time sad. It was the first time since you were born that you hadn't been with your parents to ring in the new year. But you did have a new family, new friends and since you had met them your life had been amazing. You were doing martial arts again, fighting bad guys, meeting yokai and mutants alike! Never in your entire life could you have imagined any of it.

The most unimaginable thing to you though had to be your boyfriend Michelangelo. He was a mutant turtle named after a famous renaissance artist that lived in the sewers with his brothers and father. If you had ever tried to explain this to any other human being besides April O'Neil you would be locked up in a loony bin asap.

Today you were taking Michelangelo back to the aquarium. Just this morning you got a notification that new baby turtles were ready to hatch! You were thrilled and asked if you could bring a friend to watch, of course you were given permission to do so.

You were meeting Mikey outside the high school at 3:30, you were so excited you could barely contain yourself! Classes seemed never ending and the clock was unbelievable slow but eventually the school day ended! You rushed out of the school and to the part across the street where you told Mikey to meet you.

You glance around, looking for your orange clad hero, leaning against the trunk of a tree as you do so.

"Hi hi cutie pie~"

You tilt your head back and look up into the tree, squatting on a sturdy branch was Mikey, smiling at you. He was wearing white sneakers, jeans and an orange hoodie currently.

"Hello Sunshine." You reply, smiling at him.

Mikey jumps down and lands beside you, planting a kiss on your cheek. "How was your day?" He asks

"Ugh unbelievably long and boring." You say, rolling your eyes a little. "Come on we can walk and talk." You say as you grab his hand, leading him along.

"Woah, Y/N where are we even going?" Michelangelo asked with a slight laugh. "We've gotta get to the aquarium, I have something amazing I want to show you." You say smiling at him.

He catches up, walking briskly at your side as you blaze a trail to the aquarium. Once inside you guide Michelangelo through the main floor to an employee only door down the hall and in a room to the right.

You both see staff members flocked around the incubators and you bring mikey over getting a good view. You could see a few infant turtles had already hatched and were beyond adorable. Each species had their own incubator.

You smile "this is what I wanted to show you." You say feeling Mikey hug your arm. You look at him and he is smiling goofily watching the little baby turtles hatching.

"Oh.mi.gosh. Y/N they are so cute." He says in an excited yet soft whisper, not wanting to scare the new little beings. They made the cutest little noises as they explored the incubator space, clambering over one another.

"I'll never get tired of seeing baby animals." You mumble watching the babies.

"Me too, just,.. the cuteness." Mikey says with a dreamy sigh.

"Well, was this a good surprise Michelangelo?" You ask looking his way.

"Such a good surprise Y/N." He hugs you and gives you a squeeze. You giggle and hug him back. After watching the little turtles hatch Mikey walks you home. The whole way the two of you were talking about all the cute little turtles, which ones stood out and what not.

"Next time I'll take you to a fun spot alright?" Mikey says "I can't let you pick all the cool dates."

You laugh "alright Mikey, can't wait to see what you come up with~" you purr teasingly, watching his face flush pink.