4.

The next week Izuku and Mei met back up at the beach. Izuku had a few more bruises and more of a limp then last time they met and Mei didn't seem to approve of that.

"What happened?" Izuku shrugged, not really wanting to go into details.

"Nothing Mei." Mei didn't believe him in the slightest, but decided not to push. Izuku was grateful for that.

~~~~~~

For the next five or so hours, Mei and Izuku rummaged through the trash piles, handing off anything that the other needed or wanted. It was a peaceful kind of company that Izuku enjoyed. Eventually Mei invited (more like forced) Izuku over to her place to grab some food. Izuku didn't fight it, as any place that wasn't his middle school or apartment, was the better option.

Izuku didn't go back to the apartment that night, instead reveling in the peace and domesticity of Mei's house.

After that day at the beach with Mei, Izuku took more informant jobs to pay for more suitable materials so he could finish his portfolio for the support course at U.A, continued improving his already made inventions, met up with Mei as much as possible, successfully avoided Katsuki as much as possible, all while continuing his vigilante escapades and annoying the shit out of his favorite detective and hero.

Mei was a little eccentric at times, (don't lie Izuku she's always slightly eccentric but we love that about Mei because she's a queen) but he loved that about her. She was his friend and they worked well together when they were in the workshop. If Izuku wasn't already working on something he would draw up blueprints for Mei and she would build what was on them and she'd do the same for him. Nine times out of ten though, she was always working on something. If he noticed her making a small mistake that would result in an explosion, he would subtly point it out to her.

(As much as he loved making explosions too, sometimes when the project actually needed to get done and he didn't want to pull multiple consecutive all-nighters just to finish it on time, he would make sure she wasn't going to explode anything.)

"MeiMeiㄧ" Oh yeah at some point he started referring to her as MeiMei (he doesn't know how it happened, don't ask him), "ㄧlook over the blueprints again just in case." Izuku pointed out to her while he worked on his own project.

"Oh!" Izuku heard her exclaim before she barked out a laugh and then mumbled to herself, "No wonder it looked out of place! This is supposed to go over here..." she tapered off into quiet mutterings as she fixed her problem.

Shouta Aizawa was tired. And everyone in the faculty lounge could tell. It was either because of his elusive vigilante son (he'll deny Black Wolf isn't his son but we all know the truth) that he's been chasing for 7 odd years or because of the upcoming school year. Most likely a mix of both.