43

Shouta knows something's up. There has to be. Kaminari came in with a dazed look on his face so obviously something good happened.

What happened, Shouta doesn't know, but he thinks he has an idea, but he doesn't like the idea and he doesn't particularly want to think about that right now, so he's not going to.

The bell rings, signaling the start of class and all his students are immediately in their seats, looking towards him at the front of the room.

"Welcome back, I'm sure you all had a good weekend off thanks to the Sports Festival, but that doesn't mean any of us teachers will be going easy on you." Shouta began. "Usually, this doesn't happen until you're in your second year, but unfortunately because there have been multiple problems surrounding this year's first year class, Nedzu has decided to make this available to you as well."

Shouta pulls out the remote for the projector and turns it on, allowing the kids to see the numbers next to some of their classmates' names.

"These numbers next to your names represent the amount of hero internship offers some of you have received due to your performance in the Sports Festival. Don't worry if you didn't get any because I will be handing out a list of forty approved U.A affiliated heroes that have a good history of taking on interns. Now, the lists themselves will be passed out after class as this period is going to be reserved for hero names. As I'm not good with that, I have decided to leave it to Midnight to help you." The aforementioned woman burst through the door with a shout. Shouta, uncaring, walked over to the corner of the front of the room and zipped himself into his sleeping bag.

He listens as Nemuri explains what's going on and as she gives permission for the students to group together as they think over their names. Immediately the screeching sounds of desks and chairs being moved around fill the classroom as well as the excited talking of the students as they group together. Shouta doesn't listen to the ideas each kid is throwing around, bouncing off each other and giving feedback.

He doesn't really think for the next however long it takes but he does keep an ear out for any suspicious ( not illegal suspicious, but concerning-his-son suspicious ) conversations just in case.

He really does not want to ever have to give anyone any sort of talk even though he definitely will and he will not hold back on any kind of threats. Yes yes he knows he shouldn't threaten children, but he doesn't give a shit. It's his son for fuck's sake.

Denki really likes the name he has picked out. It flows well and it even looks nice written out. It makes the electricity under his skin and in his veins buzz with energy. His cheeks ache with the smile that pulls at his lips. It makes him feel strong, like he can do it all.

He wonders how Izuku will like the name. Will he smile at Denki and tell him that it's a great hero name? Will he laugh at him? No, Izuku wouldn't laugh at Denki. Izuku would probably smile and tell him it's a nice name that suits him. Yeah. Yeah, that's what he'd do. Izuku is...well he's Izuku and that's why Denki likes him so much.

Midnight-sensei calls Denki to the front to share his name and with electricity coursing through his veins and a buzz in his head the teen gets up to walk to the front. When he reaches the podium at the front he turns his board around, fingers twitching with energy he proudly presents his chosen name.

The Stun Gun Hero : Chargebolt

"What a great choice! Really states who you are and what you do!" Midnight-sensei says, a smile playing on her lips.

"Thanks!" Denki says, walking back to his seat with even more energy running through his veins.

The rest of the period goes by quickly. Denki doesn't pay attention to the rest of his classmates sharing their hero names as he's only thinking of telling Izuku his name. Denki can't wait for it to be lunch time already so he can hurry and see Izuku.

Mei looks up when she hears ZuZu put down his pencil suddenly. He looks spooked, but seems to literally shake it off. His hair bounces back and forth as he shakes his head like whatever thought spooked him will leave if he does so.

Mei watches as her best friend stares at his notebook silently, for five minutes before he looks up at her, a strained smile on his lips. She tilts her head.

"What's up ZuZu?" She asks, worried.

"I think I'm gonna hang in the teacher's lounge for lunch today." ZuZu says, eyes looking away from her. Mei thinks about this, not upset, but wondering what happened in these past five minutes to make her best friend like this. She wonders what she could do, but decides it's best to ask rather than think by herself.

"Ok! Do you want me to do anything?" She asks.

"Uh, no, thanks." ZuZu says, his strained smile becoming a little less strained.

"Ok! Well if anyone comes looking for you I'll tell them where you are!" Mei says, a soft smile on her face.

"Thanks." ZuZu says. "Can you wake me up when it's lunch time?"

"Sure!" Mei watches as he rests his head on his arms, sleeping through the rest of class. And when the bell rings, Mei does her duty and gently wakes ZuZu up and tells him she'll watch his stuff while he's gone.

ZuZu leaves the room and Mei turns back to her baby she's currently working on.

Mei spends lunch that day working on her babies as Human-taser-kun and Toshi. Both had been surprised ZuZu wasn't here, but they sat down anyway and talked with each other. It was nice. Mei was so used to having ZuZu around that it felt off when he wasn't here so she was thankful that Toshi and Human-taser-kun were here even if they weren't ZuZu.

Izuku doesn't know what's wrong. He was fine one minute and the next he was thinking about everything all at once. Being in the teacher's lounge with Shouta and Hizashi made him feel at least somewhat better. They didn't ask many questions, just allowed him to sit on the couch and exist while one of the other teachers got them all lunch.

It was okay. Everything was okay. Izuku will go back to class after lunch and everything that just happened will be just another thing of the past. Something to be forgotten and not talked about ever again.